Latest post Mon, Mar 27 2017 7:22 PM by anamorphic. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Oct 31 2016 2:24 PM

• EvanAA
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Mar 7 2016
    • NYC
    • Posts 51
    • Points 670

Old School "Big Effect Mode"

Hey All,

I remember back in the day you could ALT+click effects mode and it would create a single/larger effects window. Can't seem to do it in the current Avid MC/Sym ???

Is there a new way of getting to that?

-Evan

HP z840, 64gig Ram, 20 cores, GPU k5200, Win10Pro -- Avid Symphony (Since Day 1), Adobe, DaVinci Resolve Studio [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Nov 1 2016 9:37 AM In reply to

Re: Old School "Big Effect Mode"

You can select the effects workspace. Resize the tools and windows as you like and then save. When you switch to that workspace those choices will be recalled. You can even link the workspace to the effects mode so it's automatic if you want.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Mon, Mar 27 2017 7:22 PM In reply to

• anamorphic
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 99
    • Points 1,255

Re: Old School "Big Effect Mode"

Yes you can create a workspace that emulates "Big Effect Mode", but it takes 3x as long to redraw; the entire application disappears for several seconds then redraws window by window.  The mode in v7 and previous (alt-click Effect mode) was very robust and immediate.

Hey, the new way works, but It's always a shame when things are fixed that aren't broken.

MacPro 2x2.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon / 64 Gig RAM / OS 10.11.6 / MC 2018.3, Symphony, PhraseFind, ScriptSync, BCC 8 AVX; Mocha [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller