Latest post Tue, Aug 27 2019 7:11 PM by ykt28403. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Dec 11 2016 1:27 AM

Bins opening half off screen MC 8.6.5 Need Help!

I just upgraded to MC 8.6.5

I have a Imac 27 inch as my main monitor and an asus 24 inch as my second display. 

I just had this running for the last year with no issues. 

Now some of my bins open half off screen and I cant get ot them. 

Ive tried every combo of resolution possible and every screen arrngement and nothing is working. 

Anyone have a setup like this ? I swear this was working fine this morning in 8.6.3 . 

• Sun, Dec 11 2016 7:42 PM In reply to

• Cutyes
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Jan 14 2012
    • Berlin
    • Posts 166
    • Points 2,165

Re: Bins opening half off screen MC 8.6.5 Need Help!

Can't say anything about what's causing the trouble, but as a workaround try making the bin active (by clicking somewhere in it) and then use the "Home" command from the Windows menu. I'm not sure, but I believe that brings the bin back "in frame" and once helped me in a similar situation. (I'm not in the office right now, so I can't try it myself.)

• Mon, Dec 12 2016 3:58 AM In reply to

• Natisyahu
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 8 2012
    • Posts 77
    • Points 1,130

I used to hit Cmd-B instead of Cmd-V all the time accidently on my Mac keyboard.

Cmd-B brings up the Capture Tool. If you click on the bottom half of your bin and then press Cmd-B, the Capture Tool box always seems to force the active bin to the bottom of the screen. 

Try that as an accidental fix :) 

• Mon, Dec 12 2016 5:21 PM In reply to

Changing the Arrangement of the monitors in System Preferences should make it easier to grab them.

Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Tue, Dec 13 2016 2:38 PM In reply to

• Dale Gagne
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 24 2011
    • Toronto, Ontario
    • Posts 142
    • Points 1,550

temporarily change the resolution of your monitors may help to snap the bins back into viewable space if none of the other options work. Then  you can change them back once you have yoru bins back on screen.

Avid MC 2018.12.3, Avid Mojo DX, Mac Pro, Mid 2012, 2x2.4 ghz 6 CORE Intel Xeon, 64GB Ram, SSD Startup, 10.14.0, Radeon RX 580 8g, 9TB Internal Storage... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Dec 13 2016 7:19 PM In reply to

• Nims
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Dec 16 2013
    • Posts 8
    • Points 120

In the Window menu there's a Center Current funciton which will bring the bin front and center on your main screen. You don't need to click on the bin to make it active, just select it from the list of open bins at the bottom of the Windows menu and then select Center Current.

• Thu, Dec 15 2016 2:03 AM In reply to

Thank you for all the suggestions guys! 

I found a little trick that worked well. 

Find a bin that opens on screen. close it. Select the bad bin and the good bin togehter while closed and right click - then select open bins in one window. Boom! 

Repeat for the rest of your bad bins. 

IMO Avid really needs to update how the app works with monitor resolutions. They shouldnt need to be matched anymore. 

• Tue, Aug 27 2019 7:11 PM In reply to

• ykt28403
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Dec 22 2016
    • Posts 18
    • Points 150

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller