Latest post Fri, Jan 20 2017 5:17 AM by N Ryan. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jan 19 2017 3:47 PM

uninstall AMA plug-ins

Hey,

I just installed the new MC Version 8.2.7 on MAC OSX 10.11.4.

I get the following "The AMA Plug-Ins that provide support for Sony XDCAM.... Please uninstall the Sony AMA plug-ins, and download/install the nablet AMA plug-ins from avid.com/ama"

How can I uninstall the curent Plug-Ins?

The unintaller doesn't work! 

Thanks. Greeting - Peter

Filed under: , , ,
  • Fri, Jan 20 2017 5:17 AM In reply to

• N Ryan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 3 2014
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 91
    • Points 1,125

Re: uninstall AMA plug-ins

Kevin Klimek:

nablet has taken over development of all Sony AMA plugins. You will want to replace your current Sony AMA plugins with new ones from nablet.

These codecs support MC v7.0.6v8.3.1v8.4.x and up running on macOS Yosemite (10.10)El Capitan (10.11) orSierra (10.12). You must continue to use the Sony plugins if you are on Mavericks (10.9) or earlier, regardless of what version of MC you are using.

As these codecs cannot be installed simultaneously with the Sony plugins, you must first manually remove any Sony codecs. AMA plugins are stored in Library > Application Support > Avid > AVX2_Plug-ins > AMA.

OS 10.11.4 Mac Pro Media Composer 8.6.3 with Symphony & Interplay 3.4 AvidFX 6.4 Neat Video 4.1.4 ISIS5500 [view my complete system specs]

Neil.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller