Latest post Sun, May 5 2019 6:41 AM by Telegram!. 19 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (20 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Feb 26 2019 12:54 AM In reply to

Re: FrameFlex in multicam mode

Sorry you misinterpreted my tone Nick, I did try to make it clear that in fact, I wans't having a go but merely pointing out that this is a feature that would be greatly welcomed and that workarounds suck, much as you had done earlier in the thread.  I'm sorry you took that personally. Please don't compare what I said to someone making racist comments, I'm not interested in having that associated with posts I make on this forum, I think that was unnecessary.  

Andi

Macbook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, mid 2014) 2.5GHz Core i7 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3 NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048MB MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 MC 2018.9.0 Symphony... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Feb 26 2019 5:07 AM In reply to

Stinks that Frame Flex doesn't work in multicam mode.  This will only become more of an issue as we cut 6K, 8K, "whatever K" footage moving forward.  Avid needs a way to access frame flex within a multi cam sequence. A way to open the multi cam group like a nested layer and access the frame flex within? Does that ability exist in 2018.12?   (I don't remember hearing anything about that in the much-lauded multicam update hoopla last month.)

Avid Media Composer 2018.10 MSI GT73VR 6RE Titan SLI Intel i7 Laptop Windows 10 Pro 64GB RAM USB3 media storage BlackMagic Design UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

Jason Spencer, Director/DP/Editor digitallunchbox.com

• Tue, Feb 26 2019 6:52 AM In reply to

wjasonspencer:

Stinks that Frame Flex doesn't work in multicam mode.  This will only become more of an issue as we cut 6K, 8K, "whatever K" footage moving forward.  Avid needs a way to access frame flex within a multi cam sequence. A way to open the multi cam group like a nested layer and access the frame flex within? Does that ability exist in 2018.12?   (I don't remember hearing anything about that in the much-lauded multicam update hoopla last month.)

There are so many variations of requests, so many potential needed workflows— it’s staggering. I think it’s helpful (like in the above post) to simply ask for what each of us wants and why, to build forward momentum.

I think our engineers are always steps ahead in terms of long-range planning, but perhaps now and here would be a good time and place to hear a little from them about their overall vision for future releases, re: Multi-cam, FrameFlex, Crop/Zooms, Pan & Zooms, 3D Warps, Sub-frame Audio slipping & Grouping from Tineline.

I don’t use any other NLE, but my question is this: is there a product that allows mixed frame-size, mixed frame rate, Pan/Zoom, Crop/Repositioning of Multicam? 

What’s in our pipeline to address the requests raised in this thread?

Windows7 Pro; HP 820z, 16GB ram; Composer Nitris DX, Squeeze v8.5 Pro _____ Windows10 Pro x64 Dell XPS 8930 Special Edition Tower i7-8700 3.2 Ghz; 32GB... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Apr 30 2019 6:46 PM In reply to

• J. Seibel
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Dec 18 2013
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 27
    • Points 295
    • Avid Certified Instructors - Video
      Avid Certified User

We are having this problem too.  We are on Avid 2018.11.0.  No Frame Flex in Multicam even though individual clips have Frame Flex.  Come on Avid.  

• Sun, May 5 2019 6:41 AM In reply to

Windows7 Pro; HP 820z, 16GB ram; Composer Nitris DX, Squeeze v8.5 Pro _____ Windows10 Pro x64 Dell XPS 8930 Special Edition Tower i7-8700 3.2 Ghz; 32GB... [view my complete system specs]
Page 2 of 2 (20 items) < Previous 1 2

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller