Latest post Wed, Feb 8 2017 5:31 PM by tpowell. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Feb 6 2017 1:57 AM

Can't change target video resolution!

After transcoding a week's worth of footage with no trouble, my drive dies. Not a problem -- I turn it back on and start transcoding all over again...except I can't. I go to transcode a new folder of ama footage and I can't choose the correct resolution. I'm working in a 1080p/23.976 project, so I can click the transcode button without a problem, but when I go to choose the resolution, everything is greyed out. The default setting is DNxHD 115, so I can do that, but I can't choose anything else -- not AVC, not ProRes, not even DNxHD 36, which is the resolution that I've been transcoding in all weekend. It's forcing me to do DNxHD 115. I tried a few other ama files too, just to make sure it's not a corrupt folder, but I'm getting the same problem.

Am I missing a setting or something? 

Avid Media Composer 8.6.0 • MAC OS High Sierra 10.13.4 • iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014) • 4 GHz Intel Core i7 • 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 • AMD Radeon... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Feb 6 2017 2:54 PM In reply to

Re: Can't change target video resolution!

Can you see the new drive as a target drive?

Did you try changing the target drive to see if your options increase?

Symphony v8.8 | OS 10.11.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Wed, Feb 8 2017 5:31 PM In reply to

• tpowell
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Dec 10 2014
    • Posts 36
    • Points 415

Re: Can't change target video resolution!

If Kevin's idea doesn't work, you might also try a new project and user settings. My first go-to troubleshooting for problems like this is creating a new project with new user settings, then opening the bin/sequence in this new project to see if it helps. A corrupted project or user settings sometimes show inconsistent behavior with many things working properly and it is quick to rule this out as a possible cause.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller