Latest post Fri, Jul 14 2017 3:01 PM by kamiel. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jul 14 2017 3:01 PM

• kamiel
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Apr 21 2017
    • Posts 1
    • Points 5

Ingest/export mac for a small production house

Hi everyone,

First time poster here. I'd appreciate some advice and thougts on a possible solution I'm investigating for a small production company. 

The volume of footage that needs to be ingested onto our NAS shared editing server has been increased over the last couple of years and we are experiencing a bottleneck on the ingest department. Our mac pro computer used for ingesting is running constantly and is often used for editing as well. 
    We are running three Avid MC 8.6.4 on three different Mac Pro sets.

I'm curious for your opinion on a new ingest station, solely used to consolidate/transcode AMA linked file-based footage (mainly XAVC-100) and to export sequences to XAVC, h264 for web or MXF (XDCAMHD422). 

I'm assuming a seperate license is required to run Avid? What specs would ensure a smooth and fast ingest and export? Mainly CPU and disk speed?

And would there be a third-party software solution available to simplify the ingest process to a point where it can be executed by someone not familiar with Avid?

Kind regards,
    Kamiel

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller