Latest post Mon, Sep 4 2017 5:02 PM by Tommaso. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Sep 4 2017 5:02 PM

• Tommaso
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Nov 15 2010
    • Feraboli
    • Posts 11
    • Points 95

Angry [:@] Avid not recognize timecode in native MXF when import AAF

Strange problem:

Mxf dnx36hd were transcoded from RED Dragon for off line edit.

The Director checks the shots in Premiere CC from original Avid Mxf and creates a simple sequence with preselection.

Exports AAF

When I import this AAF in AVID MEDIA COMPOSER the sequence is created with the master clips; the column DRIVE  displays the original drive where i have the original MXF files but:

START TC of every clip is set a 00:00:00:00 al posto del reale TC

Format is change from 1080 24 p to dv25 Pal

All RED metadata dissapear.

The original clips in project change from original correct version to this format.
    Obviously the sequence can't work.

I tried to import AAF in DaVinci Resolve and  works propely; but if I export a new AAF from DaVinci to AVID I have the same wrong result.
    Same result also if I try to export XML from Premier to DaVinci and then AAF from DaVinci to AVID.

The point is that the clips with wrong TC are linked with original MXF files, if I command "delete clip", Avid ask me correctly if i want delete only clips or associeted media files. If I ask Reveal in Finder the correct MXF is hilighted.

Somebody have similar problem?

I use Mac OSX Yosemite with MC 8.1.4

Same Problem with MC 8.8.1

MacBook Pro Retina Display 16G Avid Media Composer 2019 Symphony OSX [view my complete system specs]

Tommaso Feraboli Film Editor

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller