Latest post Mon, Oct 16 2017 7:31 PM by SR555. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Oct 6 2017 1:20 AM

• SR555
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 28 2013
    • Posts 74
    • Points 810

Marker colors

Hi, it would be great if there was a way to customize marker colors.  I have a color code I'm used to using - red for selects, orange for optional selects, purple for dialog or interviews, teal for alternative angles, etc.   It would be nice to be able to keep the same color systems, the way you can option-click other colors.  Sort of a pain to switch.   Thank you

Avid Media Composer 7, Macbook Pro Retina, Mountain Lion [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Oct 11 2017 6:28 AM In reply to

• TrevorA
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • London
    • Posts 986
    • Points 11,255

Re: Marker colors

avid markers are red/green/blue/yellow/magenta/cyan/black/white and can be assigned to individual shortcuts.

PPro has 'Cerulean'/'Caribbean'/'Forest' etc & only 2-3 can be assigned to shortcuts.

Also marking clips is more fiddly than Avid.

By all means customisability of colours would be useful to some but, on markers, avid have it pretty well sussed

Freelance - so all kinds of everything. Currently v8.6.5 on an iMac running OSX 10.11.3 (El Capitan) or v8.7.x on z420 running Win7Pro and Blackmagic UltraStudio... [view my complete system specs]

Avid, Adobe, Resolve, Fusion, FCP7, FCPx, EVS, Tape, whatever.

EVS IPEdit and IPDirector bespoke training.

London editor.

• Thu, Oct 12 2017 2:51 PM In reply to

• Atomike
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Nebraska
    • Posts 676
    • Points 10,280

I have several different colors mapped to a few of the function keys at the top of my keyboard.  It works pretty well. 

Media Composer 8.X (usually newest release), Avid matrix-recommended versions of both Nvidia driver and Quicktime, Matrox Mini MX02, Self-built machine... [view my complete system specs]

I spend most of my time between New York and Los Angeles.  In Nebraska.

• Sat, Oct 14 2017 4:20 AM In reply to

yea you can as many colors as youd like - I have 4 colors mapped, i use this daily. 

iMAC (late 2015) 4GHZ i7 - 32GB RAM - AMD R9 M395X 4GB 512 SSD BOOT BM Ultra Studio Express w/Driver 10.5.4. [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Oct 16 2017 7:31 PM In reply to

• SR555
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 28 2013
    • Posts 74
    • Points 810

Thanks all,

My issue is mainly with being able to customize the colors.  I don't have them mappped to my keyboard right now but that should probably happen soon.

I really miss the Premiere interface though - flexible, beautiful, user-friendly, really nice in sooo many ways.  If only it were more stable. Only problem was that it crashed.  All. Day. Long.  

In addition, Premiere lets you map color labels to your keyboard which is invaluable when marking clips. Small things but that make a big difference.  The more color customization and flexibility, the better.

Avid Media Composer 7, Macbook Pro Retina, Mountain Lion [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller