Latest post Wed, Oct 18 2017 1:10 PM by Marianna. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Oct 13 2017 8:58 AM

• SteveK
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • London
    • Posts 286
    • Points 3,225

GoPro 6 and HEVC

Ive just bought an Hero 6 Black the 4K and higer fps shooting modes are are HEVC encoded, so if you want to access those you’ll need to update to macOS High Sierra.

Since we "cant" upgrade to HS yest how are people dealing with higher framerates and resiolutions.

The avid browser seems very picky on what it will, and will not link to, from where I could then transcode into an editing codec.

Even at 1080p nothing above 50 fps (pal) seems linkable.

Steve

Numerous clients mojo to Nitris PC systems 6.5 to 8.5 with interplay with ISIS/UNITY, EVS transfer/w IP director At Home: new 2017 15" MacbookPro... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Oct 14 2017 9:30 AM In reply to

• SteveK
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • London
    • Posts 286
    • Points 3,225

Re: GoPro 6 and HEVC

as an update, Premiere, paused loaded a CODEC and works fine with these 4K and high fps insers!

Whatis the workflow for 4k on avid when the avid browser wont even link to them? 

Are there new "AMA" plugins abvailable?

Numerous clients mojo to Nitris PC systems 6.5 to 8.5 with interplay with ISIS/UNITY, EVS transfer/w IP director At Home: new 2017 15" MacbookPro... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Oct 15 2017 4:06 AM In reply to

• tpowell
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Dec 10 2014
    • Posts 26
    • Points 260

I don't know about the HEVC format, but make sure you are either in a 4k project, or that you have temporarily changed the project formt to 4k before trying to link. Once you go to transcode, the best option is to be in the format of whatever resolution you are transcoding to. 

• Wed, Oct 18 2017 1:10 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 8,578
    • Points 111,870
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

SteveK

How did it turn out using the suggestions provided?  Happy to help if you still need it...

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller