Latest post Fri, Nov 17 2017 1:46 PM by Jamie Erskine. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Nov 17 2017 9:55 AM

unsupported media (2k)

hello.

We've consolidated 2k material into our project using avid MC 8.8.3

However, somebody opened the project in one of our sets that only has version 7, so the mterial displayed as unsupported... understandable.

But when we return to version 8 the files do not switch back and we cannot get Avid to recognise the format.

Correction: If I remove the database file, close the bins, restart the avid and open a new bin to drag the database file into, then I see the material.

But as soon as I open the original bins it reverts everything back to unsupported.

The trouble is we have sync clips and sequences already being used that refer to these source clips, so I cant just keep those original bins closed, unless I start again and re-sync the whole day and match frame the sequences.

any ideas?

Avid Media Composer 8.9.3 | Mac OS 10.13.2 | Editshare 7.2.1.2 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Nov 17 2017 12:47 PM In reply to

Re: unsupported media (2k)

Go to the attic and recover the bin before the project was opened in an eralier MC version.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Fri, Nov 17 2017 1:46 PM In reply to

Re: unsupported media (2k)

thanks.  Simple really.  Although it didnt work at first.  But I closed the Avid, and then once restarted, the Avid viewed the files correctly in these recovered Attic bins.

regards,

Avid Media Composer 8.9.3 | Mac OS 10.13.2 | Editshare 7.2.1.2 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller