Latest post Tue, Nov 28 2017 12:49 AM by Tom Pearson. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Nov 23 2017 10:38 AM

• SilvaEdit
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 3 2010
    • Posts 71
    • Points 905

Artist Mix - Been a while since it worked - Need pointing to older post describing IP setup

Hi there,

I haven't used my Artist Mix in about a year. I recently had to wipe my MacPro and so am installing everything from scratch. I am running OSX 10.11.6 El Capitan and Media Composer 8.9.1. The artist Mix won't show in the EuControl. I cannot update the firmware because of this.

I have the artist mix connected to my computer ethernet port 1 and have set up a new ''service'' in my network settings, putting in the IP address 10.0.0.2 and Subnet mask 255.255.0.0 - When I turn on my artist mix I get the message ''another device is using your IP address 10.0.0.2'' - I'm assuming this is the artist mix conflicting with somthing?

I remember when I first purchased the Artist Mix I had to manually input an IP by turning on the Mix while holding the page left and right buttons. I've found this same mini tutorial (which I believe Marianna broke down for someone) but one of her parameters was something like ''IP 192.68.10.2 (Just an example) - I'm unsure which IP I am supposed to put in place of this? - the post is here - https://community.avid.com/forums/p/111593/646436.aspx

I remember when I had troubles in the past someone mentioning that the last digit in one of the IP inputs, whether on the mix itself or in my network settings, should have a digit +1 at the end of it so it didn't conflict with another input somewhere else. I apologise if this is vague, it was a couple of years ago.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get this sorted?

Cheers!

• Thu, Nov 23 2017 2:57 PM In reply to

• DStone
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 3,572
    • Points 45,865
    • Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Re: Artist Mix - Been a while since it worked - Need pointing to older post describing IP setup

The IP address needs to be a unique address on your network. If you're directly connecting to the Mac, then you need to manually assign a number as shown in the article. If you're on a network with a router, the router should automatically assign an IP address.

If using a direct connect you need to make sure the address is unique. I don't know how to check the address assignments on a Mac. You should ask this question in Mac forums.

DIY quad core I7-4790K, 32Gb, NVidia GTX 970 4GB, Win 10 Pro, MC(generally the latest or the one just before), MC 7.x [view my complete system specs]

Dave S.

• Thu, Nov 23 2017 8:09 PM In reply to

• Tom Pearson
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 1 2007
    • Los Angeles CA / Minneapolis MN
    • Posts 2,163
    • Points 23,215

Re: Artist Mix - Been a while since it worked - Need pointing to older post describing IP setup

if you have a conflic on 10.0.0.2 kick it up a couple of addresses to 05

Mac Pro 3.5 gig 6 core 64 gig ram D700 radons with ssd os drive with a 20 tb raid, Artist Mix and Artist color Artist control [view my complete system specs]

Tom Pearson

Director/Writer Big Picture Films

Sound Designer/Sound Editor Hollywood Sounds

WWLD

• Sun, Nov 26 2017 3:10 AM In reply to

• DStone
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 3,572
    • Points 45,865
    • Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Tom Pearson:

if you have a conflic on 10.0.0.2 kick it up a couple of addresses to 05

Which is what I said. Just not so clearly Embarrassed

DIY quad core I7-4790K, 32Gb, NVidia GTX 970 4GB, Win 10 Pro, MC(generally the latest or the one just before), MC 7.x [view my complete system specs]

Dave S.

• Tue, Nov 28 2017 12:49 AM In reply to

• Tom Pearson
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 1 2007
    • Los Angeles CA / Minneapolis MN
    • Posts 2,163
    • Points 23,215

I know Dave But working with Networks and end users I have found that we get that glaze in their eyes when we start talking ip  addresses  LOL

Mac Pro 3.5 gig 6 core 64 gig ram D700 radons with ssd os drive with a 20 tb raid, Artist Mix and Artist color Artist control [view my complete system specs]

Tom Pearson

Director/Writer Big Picture Films

Sound Designer/Sound Editor Hollywood Sounds

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller