Latest post Thu, Apr 19 2018 4:40 PM by RalphC. 20 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (21 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Mar 13 2018 1:38 PM In reply to

Re: Invisible project window at start, mysterious bug?

The system specs are important to resolving problems as its normally an issue betwen the software and a software or hardware element.

The issue here sounds very like a Graphics driver problem so knowing the card and the driver for that card is important.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Symphony V8.6 / 8.3.1 HP Z400 system [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Tue, Mar 13 2018 1:45 PM In reply to

• Ingo Witte
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jan 8 2013
    • Berlin - Germany
    • Posts 5
    • Points 85

excuse me, but is this the way Avid handles these problems? asking and run away? no solution, no suggestion?

Human - Homo Sapiens - Biological Selfrunning Reaktor - Brain ca.1 TB length 6.4ft - weight ca. 100kg & thinkpad x1 carbon - intel core i7 4600u -... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Mar 13 2018 1:59 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,056
    • Points 203,615
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Ingo

Spec's are important.....

Im creating a case so community can assist you

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Tue, Mar 13 2018 2:05 PM In reply to

• Ingo Witte
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jan 8 2013
    • Berlin - Germany
    • Posts 5
    • Points 85

thinkpad x1 carbon, intel core i7 4600u, integrated graphic adapter, samsung ssd 256gb, uhd display 2560x1440

Human - Homo Sapiens - Biological Selfrunning Reaktor - Brain ca.1 TB length 6.4ft - weight ca. 100kg & thinkpad x1 carbon - intel core i7 4600u -... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Apr 16 2018 11:42 AM In reply to

• janko
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Dec 22 2017
    • frankfurt am main, germany
    • Posts 7
    • Points 95

Hi, Ingo,

just to inform you and others with the same issue: The poblem might really be caused by the integrated graphic chip. After trying many different software based changes I finally bought and installed a pci-e dual screen graphic card and the problem no longer occured.

So far,

and I might aswell admit that the avid support lacks in helping out at least concerning this thread,
    best regards,

Janko

• Thu, Apr 19 2018 4:40 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,417
    • Points 15,395
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Ingo Witte:

thinkpad x1 carbon, intel core i7 4600u, integrated graphic adapter, samsung ssd 256gb, uhd display 2560x1440

if you have an integrated you can set it to for MC|First, for Nvidia GPU with that machine try this.

1. Open the Nvidia Control Panel. You can do this by right-clicking on the desktop or you can find the option within the notification area of the Taskbar.

2. Select Manage 3D Settings under 3D Settings.

3. Click on the Program Settings tab and select the program you want to choose a graphics card for from the drop down list. In this case MC|First

4. Now select the 'preferred graphics processor' in the drop down list (you can see what the automatic option is listed as global setting). If you want to use the dedicated graphics card, select High-performance Nvidia processor.

This is a test. Media Composer 8.8 w/Symphony option, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]
Page 2 of 2 (21 items) < Previous 1 2

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller