Latest post Wed, Dec 27 2017 11:12 AM by camoscato. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Dec 27 2017 3:15 AM

• Adam83
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Dec 27 2017
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

DIFFERENT VERSIONS OF PROTOOLS ON MULTIPLE CPUS

Hi,

So on my desktop mac 10.7.5 I'm running PT10.3.8. Any suggestions as to whether its worth upgrading as I'm currently still very happy with this version the this cpu? 

I recently bought a laptop 10.12.6 Sierra and want to install PT on this laptop. My question is, can i upgrade to PT 12 and use it ONLY for the laptop and keep my desktop version as an older PT version 10.3.8 ? Or will AVID make me upgrade all computers? Can I install PT 10.3.8 on Sierra? 

May sound amature but I know avid can make things difficult if you are not careful. I'm open to suggestions as to whether I should upgrasde my desk top but I'm still on the notion that if it aint broke, dont fix it.

Thank you!!!!!

• Wed, Dec 27 2017 11:12 AM In reply to

Re: DIFFERENT VERSIONS OF PROTOOLS ON MULTIPLE CPUS

Hi Adam83, This is the Avid video forum.  The audio forum is here:

http://duc.avid.com/
    Media Composer 2018.11 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller