Latest post Wed, Feb 7 2018 6:54 PM by Markmaj. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jan 19 2018 7:07 PM

• Markmaj
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 14
    • Points 190

XDCAM HD422

Hello

here are the specifications of a video clip which I have to deliver to the TV station in Europe

I am having a lot of problem to find a way to control the bitrate and the Audio tracks.

curently I am working on MC 7.0.5  PC version.

Any help would be apriciated. I have to deliver it today.

VIDEO

Container MXF OP-1a or MOV (Quicktime) Codec XDCAM HD422
    Bitrate 50Mbps CBR
    Frame rate 25 frames per second

Chroma subsampling 4:2:2
    Frame size (pixels) 1920x1080
    Aspect ratio 16:9
    Scan type Interlaced
    Field order Top field first
    Colour space EBU R103
    AUDIO
    Allocation of audio tracks 2 (stereo) EBU R48: 2a
    Loudness -23LUFS (EBU R128 and ITU BS.1770-2)
    Format LPCM
    Sample rate 48 kHz
    Sample size 16 or 24 bit

• Fri, Jan 19 2018 9:31 PM In reply to

Re: XDCAM HD422

File-Export, from the dropdown menu choose to export as 'XDCAM MXF Op1a'. Make sure the project type is set to 1080/50i.

See http://avid.force.com/pkb/servlet/rtaImage?eid=ka7i0000000PCXq&feoid=00N40000002M2H1&refid=0EMi00000001JBp

Make sure your music is on a stereo track, or at least panned correctly.

Your sound mix need to have been mixed at (or normalized to) -23dB LUFS for EBU R128 compliance. If this has not been done for you, you will need to install a third party AudioSuite plugin to do this. If your mix is on dual mono tracks, this may be tricky to do. Mixdown to a stereo track, or rebuild as a stereo track before you run the plugin.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jan 19 2018 11:10 PM In reply to

• Markmaj
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 14
    • Points 190

Thank you for responding.

They keep rejecting the spot due to overal bit rate to high and to many audio tracks.

I tryed the new Squeeze from sorenson, still rejected. I am lost, the bitrate is fixed, I do not see any opton of changing the bitrate.

• Sat, Jan 20 2018 12:29 AM In reply to

Yes, such an XDCAM export will carry 8 channels of audio, even if you're just using two. Part of the format. You would need a more current version of MC to export more flexibible versions of Op1a MXF.

That said, the bitrate should be fine, it's probably too high due to too many audio tracks.

If you import the Op1A MXF back in, does it sound and look OK, and does it come back in as 50Mbps? If so, create a sequence from that reimported clip, pan audio correctly, and export as Quicktime, Same As Source, with the 601/709 box ticked, stereo audio.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Feb 7 2018 6:54 PM In reply to

• Markmaj
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 14
    • Points 190

Hello

Thank ypu for responding

I have been trying many different ways, also using Adobe encoder and the station is still rejecting the clip due to wrong Audio, 

They are requesting Stereo, and looks like I am delivering dual mono. When trying to export XDCAM file(sane as source) previously imported back to Avid I am gettin an error massage: Long GOP media can not be exported using same as source.

I am realy lost, I know the station are getting commercials from diferent sources and it works, It's been a long time and I am still nowere with this. Any more input on this matter will be very appriciated.

Thank You

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller