Latest post Fri, Feb 2 2018 4:00 PM by Marianna. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Feb 1 2018 1:45 PM

• Iveagh
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 2 2016
    • Posts 10
    • Points 160

HELP! AMA linking to C300 causing crashes

Hi 

I am a mac user and am about to start a large documentary edit. In the past I have had bad issues with AMA linking to C300 material and a fix was suggested which worked. ie change the name of the AMA Management folder and re-launch Media composer. This worked well. This time with the 8.9.4 Media Composer the only way I can AMA link is to each individual clip. I have looked at file structures and copied the cards onto desktop and tried to link but the system crashes. Is there a bug at play here or can anybody please offer up another solution? 

thanks

Brenda

• Thu, Feb 1 2018 8:12 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,687
    • Points 211,435
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: HELP! AMA linking to C300 causing crashes

I trust you have the Canon plug-in installed and it is the correct verion for use with MC 8.9.4?

What is the error is crashes with?

What OS are you on?

What plug in version?

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Thu, Feb 1 2018 8:23 PM In reply to

• Iveagh
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 10
    • Points 160

I trust you have the Canon plug-in installed and it is the correct verion for use with MC 8.9.4? YES

What is the error is crashes with? I try to AMA link C300 clips but as I click CONTENTS folder (or any heirarchy of folder) the AVID quits unexpectedly.

What OS are you on? OS X YOSEMITE VERSION 10.10.5

What plug in version? I updated Canon plugin for C300 today. 

The only way I can AMA link is by selecting each individual clip. No plugin type can be seen in the plugin column in Source Browser until I am looking at the MXF clip.

I tried playing around with file structure and changed the name of the AMA Management Folder and restarted but nothing seems to be working.

ANy suggestions would be really appreciated Marianna.

• Thu, Feb 1 2018 10:24 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,687
    • Points 211,435
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

This is the plug in you installed correct?

Canon XF Plugin v3.2.1 for Avid Media Access [Mac OS X]

If you have installed this plugin, and still have trouble linking with Automatic, then smake sure you have selected the correct AMA plugin in the list.

Select Canon

One thign I do know is...  Clips that are AMA-linked with an older version of Canon XF plug-in should only be accessed with that version of the plug-in. clips that are AMA-linked with a newer version of the plug-in should only be accessed with that newer version (or later) of the plug-in.

Here is an Example:

1. Link to Canon XF AMA media on a system with plug-in v1.0.3
    2. Transcode media
    3. Attempt to link to original Canon XF AMA media on a system with plug-in v1.0.2
    4. Relink fails

In general you should be able to go back and forth between AMA plug-in versions, but in the unusual case when incompatible metadata is introduced (as in this case) that isn't always possible.

What version of the plug in was used prior?

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Fri, Feb 2 2018 11:04 AM In reply to

• Iveagh
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 10
    • Points 160

Hi Marianna

I re-installed that canon plugin and now I can't see the mxf clips in the clip folders.

The mxf clips flash up for a split second and they change appearance to generic clip 1, clip 2, clip 3 etc with no clip information or anything to link to. This is very strange and now things are worse. The only way I can now get clips into bins is by ALT and drag. The clips appear to look like valid AMA clips in the rushes bin. The time code starts are the same (I checked in a third party software)

Are clips linked by ALT DRAG fully safe to work from? My finished edit will be done on another system with an EDL. 

Why has everything become worse by installing the Canon Plugin?

Also the window you are showing me with Plug-ins looks like an old version as I dont have any pull down menu in my Source Browser window. The only place is the 'plugin' column but its only enabling a pull down menu when I reached the MXF clip step. Now I can't even see the clips!

This message is coming up in the console: 

EWC Play is supported...

UPDATE 12:30pm : by changing to a NEW USER I can now see the MXF clips in the browser and only link individually. Still not ideal.

PreReads will bias DueTime by 0.000000 seconds.

Analytics error: Error transferring http://localhost:1696/rest/fnc/product/%7BC5A79F18-4DFD-AA65-2903-591FD75A09B9%7D/profile/avid data/info - server replied: Internal Server Error

Analytics error: Error transferring http://localhost:1696/rest/fnc/product/%7BC5A79F18-4DFD-AA65-2903-591FD75A09B9%7D/profile/avid data/info - server replied: Internal Server Error

• Fri, Feb 2 2018 4:00 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,687
    • Points 211,435
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Brenda

I create a case for this # 03394075 - as we are on different timezones one of the techs in the UK area will reach out.

Stand by.....

Marianna

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller