Latest post Wed, Mar 7 2018 4:38 AM by GTBannah. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Mar 3 2018 3:02 PM

• GTBannah
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Sep 16 2016
    • Posts 9
    • Points 125

Patching In MCF

Hello!

Do users have to patch "sources audio" to audio tracks in the full version of Media Composer, the way we need to in MCF?

Thanx!

• Sat, Mar 3 2018 3:12 PM In reply to

Re: Patching In MCF

GTBannah:

Do users have to patch "sources audio" to audio tracks in the full version of Media Composer, the way we need to in MCF?

Yes, in the full version of Media Composer you patch audio and video tracks from the source side to whatever tracks you'd like them to go to on the record side.

Media Composer 2018.12.2 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Sat, Mar 3 2018 3:17 PM In reply to

• GTBannah
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 9
    • Points 125

Thanx for the response!

No "drag and drop" is a "drag". Wink

• Sat, Mar 3 2018 7:38 PM In reply to

GTBannah:

Thanx for the response!

No "drag and drop" is a "drag". Wink

I think you can drag and drop (you can in full MC). What's happening when you try that's keeping it from working?

Media Composer 2018.12.2 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

• Sat, Mar 3 2018 8:44 PM In reply to

• GTBannah
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 9
    • Points 125

Thanx for the response!

Nothing is "happening", per se. It's the extra steps that concern me. 

For instance, adding a title, or a video clip requires you to create a new video track. Adding an audio clip requires youo to create an audio track, then patch the source to the track.

In the two other applications I know, you just drag the title, video or audio file into the timeline area, and the appropriate track is created, without the need to "create" the type of track first. 

I can underdtand, that certain features and conveniences may not be included in the "Lite" version of Media Composer, that's why I'm asking, before I move to the Pro version.

Thanx again!

• Sat, Mar 3 2018 10:46 PM In reply to

Ah, I get it.

I just tried it on the full version of MC (v2018.2) and when dragging stuff (I tried with audio, video, and a title) to the timeline you can either drop it on an existing track, or if you drag it toward the left end of the timeline closer to the track panel a new track is created and you can drop it there.

I hope that helps.

• Sun, Mar 4 2018 12:50 AM In reply to

• GTBannah
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 9
    • Points 125

That sounds good. 

Please pass it on to the devs. Smile

• Tue, Mar 6 2018 11:48 PM In reply to

• tommix
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 14 2008
    • Posts 207
    • Points 2,545

there is a setting to enable patching in mcf. but the dragging to crate a new track i don't think i called patching.

• Wed, Mar 7 2018 4:38 AM In reply to

• GTBannah
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 9
    • Points 125

.... have a look/listen.

https://youtu.be/RA35PaiecCY?t=270

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller