Latest post Mon, Mar 12 2018 1:56 PM by camoscato. 22 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Mar 11 2018 5:53 AM In reply to

Re: HDV toxic?

You're getting that error message because you're trying to use the import command - which is for video and audio files - but you've selected a bin (.avb is an Avid bin).

If you've got a bin from another project and you want to bring its material into your project, use File > Open Bin. If the bin opens, I'd suggest making a new bin in your new project and copying all the material from the old bin to the new one.

Media Composer 2018.9 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Sun, Mar 11 2018 12:58 PM In reply to

• Paul Lally
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • New Hampshire
    • Posts 58
    • Points 850

SUCCESS!

And the winner of the Ciao Italia pizza is CAMOSCATO!

Your final handhold did the trick. I'm up and running with what I need. 

Haven't explored the brave new world of capturing video, but that can wait for another time.

E-mail me at plally@ciaoitalia.com  I need to figure out how to get that pizza delivered in London!

I'm serious. Found a place called Pizza Union. Near you?

As for all the other kind folks who helped along the way, Ciao Italia sends you a virtual one. Yes, the whole pizza.

Avid Media Composer 2018.2 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Mar 11 2018 2:12 PM In reply to

Glad to hear it's working!

I actually live outside the city on a farm at the end of a dirt road where delivery people fear to drive, so let's meet up for a pizza next time you're in London. Smile

Media Composer 2018.9 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

• Sun, Mar 11 2018 3:20 PM In reply to

Thats a bin you are trying to import as indiocated by the .avb extension.

Bins are just opened in MC not imported.

If you want to importa  media file you need to point to that file not a bin.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Mon, Mar 12 2018 1:31 PM In reply to

• Paul Lally
    • Not Ranked
    • New Hampshire
    • Posts 58
    • Points 850

That's a deal... my treat!

Paul Lally

Executive Producer

www.ciaoitalia.com

• Mon, Mar 12 2018 1:31 PM In reply to

• Paul Lally
    • Not Ranked
    • New Hampshire
    • Posts 58
    • Points 850

• Mon, Mar 12 2018 1:43 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,775
    • Points 212,525
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

LOLOL Paul and Carl

Actually the best cookbook ever is the first one sent to me by Paul for mom years ago.  I still use some of the recipes even though my sister snagged the cookbook.  LOLOL

OH MY that pizza looks good.

Enjoy

and gald your back in business Paul.

marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Mon, Mar 12 2018 1:56 PM In reply to

Paul Lally:

When we lived in Finsbury Park (North London to those of you outside the city) we used to eat at this place all the time. I'm looking forward to meeting you there!

http://www.pizzeriapappagone.co.uk/

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller