Latest post Wed, Mar 14 2018 7:01 PM by Jake Stratton. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Mar 14 2018 12:53 PM

Media Composer 2018 installation issues via Application Manager

Hello Avid Comms

Just wondering if anyone out there is aware of this issue. Upgraded via App Manager from 8.10 to 2018.2 on a Z840 and the install just dropped out. In all fairness, the machine just dropped out completely on restart (which I think may be a PCI issue with the old DX PCI card needing swopping now according to REV C of the config guidelines. 

thing is now I can't install either v2018 or v8.10 either via app manager or installation package. Each time the install starts, goes through the motions then get a RED 'X' by the install dialogue and essentially it doesn't install.

Have had brief convo with our support and they said it may be a Windows registry issue or an Application manager issue and probably best to flag it with you guys.

I've tried unistalling all avid apps including iLok, even deleting all Avid related folder from Windows and still no joy. Basically fails after installing app manager.

Can get more spex or screengrabs if this helps.

Thanks

Jake

RunVT - 22 x Avid MC v8.10, 2 x Nexis, 1 ISIS 5k, ProTool 10HD

Company Avid Media Composer 7.0.4 x 9 licences with 2 x Symphony options. 6 x NITRIS DX 3 x Avid Artist DXIO, ISIS 5k. 3 x SRW 5500, 1 SRW 5800, 2 X M2000... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Mar 14 2018 2:44 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,349
    • Points 207,135
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Media Composer 2018 installation issues via Application Manager

Hey Jake

send me this via email and include your Systm ID, My Avid email and your OS version.

I will assist.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Wed, Mar 14 2018 7:01 PM In reply to

Re: Media Composer 2018 installation issues via Application Manager

Great thanks Marianna

Have sent details to you via email. Long story short, we seem to have resolved the issue with a Windows Update and version 2018.3

Happy days!

cheers

jake

Company Avid Media Composer 7.0.4 x 9 licences with 2 x Symphony options. 6 x NITRIS DX 3 x Avid Artist DXIO, ISIS 5k. 3 x SRW 5500, 1 SRW 5800, 2 X M2000... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller