Latest post Wed, Mar 21 2018 10:24 PM by DStone. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Mar 20 2018 1:21 PM

• demitkadet
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Aug 5 2012
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

Import clips with 100fps or higher on AMC First

I imported a clip with this settings on AMC First:

MP4

1920x1080p

AVC Long GOP High (HD1080p)

AAC

100FPS

I can't play this back on the source monitor and always give me an error. I also can't put this into the sequence timeline.

This is the error message when I import to the timeline :

Exception: std::exception

Please advise possible workaround.

• Tue, Mar 20 2018 1:44 PM In reply to

• DStone
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 3,545
    • Points 45,580
    • Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Re: Import clips with 100fps or higher on AMC First

Welcome to the forums. In order to help, we need more information about your system. Take a look at my system spec's shown below for an example. We need to know the type of system, OS, MCF version, details about the graphics card, and where the clips come from (I'm going to guess these are Panasonic LongGOP). Also, did you actually import the media, or did you link to it?

DIY quad core I7-4790K, 32Gb, NVidia GTX 970 4GB, Win 10 Pro, MC(generally the latest or the one just before), MC 7.x [view my complete system specs]

Dave S.

• Wed, Mar 21 2018 3:11 PM In reply to

• demitkadet
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Aug 5 2012
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

I have a DIY quad core I5-3330 CPU (3GHz)K, 16Gb RAM, NVidia GTX 950 2GB, Win 10 Pro, AMC First.

The clips come from Garmin VIRB 360. I recorded in slow mo 100 FPS. Here's the specsheet of the slow mo recording:

https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webhelp/virb360/EN-US/GUID-6D257476-3980-4A9A-B5D3-2599B7B1A76D.html

I linked the media first. When it's on the bin, I  can't play back the clip from the source monitor. The error message is below:

When I tried to import it to the sequence timeline it doesn't work too. It gives me the following error message:

Playing them backand editing in Adobe Premiere works but I want to try and complete edits in AMC.

Please advise.

Leo

• Wed, Mar 21 2018 3:48 PM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,500
    • Points 64,515

Indeed welcome to the forums!

demitkadet:
    I imported a clip with this settings on AMC First...

Please clarify: is this truly imported or simply linked? Linked long GOP files might be too demanding for Your hardware.

The NVidia GTX 950 2GB driver might be the troublemaker, You may want to experiment with different releases, with MC the latest is not necessarily the better.

Symphony 2018.9, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

• Wed, Mar 21 2018 10:24 PM In reply to

• DStone
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 3,545
    • Points 45,580
    • Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

OK, a couple of things come to mind. First, MCF (like MC) really needs to be run on a quad-core or more I7. Trying to use linked LongGOP on an I5 is going to be frustrating at best. According to the chart you linked to, the clips are HD at 120FPS in an MP4. LongGOP is usually linked and the AMA plug-ins are pretty much camera specific (Sony XDCAM and Panansonic LongGOP). I'm not sure you can directly import a LongGOP file (and I don't have a sample to try other than for Amira, and that's MXF and not MP4).

The error reported is an audio error. It might be that the audio is not being encoded correctly (or that there is no audio where there should be; does it record audio in timelapse?). Can you upload  a short clip somewhere that we could take a look at it?

DIY quad core I7-4790K, 32Gb, NVidia GTX 970 4GB, Win 10 Pro, MC(generally the latest or the one just before), MC 7.x [view my complete system specs]

Dave S.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller