Latest post Mon, Apr 9 2018 9:12 PM by Combat Librarian. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Mar 21 2018 12:53 PM

Which version of MC & MAC OS to run with Pro 15 Retina mid-2014

This is my first post so be gentle.

I am having a right old time working out what is the best version of Media Composer and Mac OS to run on my Macbook Pro

15", 11.3 (mid 2014) Retina.  It is running an 2.8GHz i7, 16GB RAM, Intel Iris Pro 1536mb Graphics and 0.5TB SSD.

It is presently running Yosemite 10.10.5 and MC 8.6.4.

I know there are issues with OS level and MC version but for various reasons I need to upgrade the OS but don't know what the optimnal combination OS and MC versions?!?  Is there anyone out there who can give me some guidance?

Many thanks,

CL

• Wed, Mar 21 2018 1:17 PM In reply to

Re: Which version of MC & MAC OS to run with Pro 15 Retina mid-2014

Hi,

Combat Librarian:
    I need to upgrade the OS but don't know what the optimnal combination OS and MC versions?

About halfway down this page there's a link that says Legacy Matrix, which will take you to a PDF showing what versions of Media Composer are good for whichever OS you need to run.

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/compatibility/en267087

Media Composer 2018.5 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Mon, Apr 9 2018 9:12 PM In reply to

Re: Which version of MC & MAC OS to run with Pro 15 Retina mid-2014

Belated thanks for the response.  It is helpful but the problem I am having is not just what OS is compatible with what version of MC, but what actually works.  There are playback issues, particularly with AMA clips, with certain versions of MC, particularly on my older mid-2014 MacBook Pro.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller