Latest post Mon, Apr 9 2018 4:13 PM by Eyal2. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Apr 8 2018 10:31 AM

• Eyal2
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Apr 8 2018
    • Posts 3
    • Points 55

Activating Media Composer problem

I've just purchased a Media Composer and when trying to activate it I get this message:

"Your billing address needs to be validated before you can continue. Please visit this page to update and verify your information."

When trying to update/confirm my billing address I recive this message:

"Billing country and state cannot be changed because you have active subscriptions"

Please HELP!

• Sun, Apr 8 2018 10:32 AM In reply to

Re: Activating Media Composer problem

You should contact Avid Support.

http://www.avid.com/US/support/support-contact

Select Broadcast & Video, then on the next page click the + next to Contact Support and call the number listed for your area.  Help with activation issues is free, and it's option 2 from the phone menu.

If you still don't get anywhere with them, send an email to Raff Condalor (raff.condalor@avid.com).  He's their customer advocate, and can help you.

Media Composer 2018.7 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Sun, Apr 8 2018 1:29 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,564
    • Points 17,105
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Thanks Carl, standby I will assist. 

RalphC

This is a test. Media Composer 8.8 w/Symphony option, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Apr 8 2018 1:37 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 1,564
    • Points 17,105
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Hi Eyal2,

Do you still have issue activating MC, I checked your my Avid, it looks normal and the systems ID also shows activated on the server.

RalphC

This is a test. Media Composer 8.8 w/Symphony option, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Apr 8 2018 1:59 PM In reply to

• Eyal2
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 3
    • Points 55

Thank you Carl and RalphC. for the quick responses. There was also an error message that I've kept receiving while trying to activate via the application (not via the Avid site): "Error code:5...."

I found in some old forum that the solution to that is to delete the SWL and Licenses folders in C:\ProgramData\Avid.

I did that and it worked! So I finally managed to activate the program (via the application) and it works perfectly.

The update of the billing address is still not working though.

• Sun, Apr 8 2018 3:39 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 1,564
    • Points 17,105
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

I alerted support regarding the billing update error.

Thanks,

RalphC

• Sun, Apr 8 2018 6:55 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,478
    • Points 208,740
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Error code 5 is an easy one

This applies for both Application Manager and Avid License Control utilities in all versions 6.x - 8.x.

PC -  Look for the following folders.  If found, delete the entire folder.

C:\ProgramData\Avid\Licenses

Mac - Look for the following folders. If found, delete the entire folder.

Macintosh HD/Library/Application_Support/Avid/Licenses

Important:   If you can’t find the specific folder in Windows, go to Folder Options in the Tools menu and select “Show Hidden Folders.”

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Mon, Apr 9 2018 4:13 PM In reply to

• Eyal2
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 3
    • Points 55

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller