Latest post Wed, Apr 11 2018 5:21 PM by pianoman72. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Apr 10 2018 6:30 AM

• il_editore
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Aug 22 2006
    • Santa Monica, CA
    • Posts 35
    • Points 440

color adapters

I inherited a film project and all the shots (from Alexa Mini) have color adapters on them.  I have tried to remove them by selecting all the master clips in the bin and deleting them from Source Settings.  I have tried right-clicking on a sequence and removing color adapters by refreshing sequence.  I have tred deleting them with the delete effect tool which usually deletes color effects and video filters....

I can't get rid of them and my show looks really flat, gray and ugly.  WTF do I do?

Terry Kelley, ACE

27" iMac with Quad-Core 3.40 GHz, 16 GB RAM, AMD Radeon 1024 MB, Mac OS X El Capitan v 10.11.6 [view my complete system specs]

il_editore

• Tue, Apr 10 2018 6:50 AM In reply to

Re: color adapters

They probably used LUTs, and they may not be included in the project. Let them send the LUTs they used so you can import those into your system.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Apr 10 2018 7:06 AM In reply to

• il_editore
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Aug 22 2006
    • Santa Monica, CA
    • Posts 35
    • Points 440

I have a Symphony and would like to try color grading from scratch.  Is there some way to remove all LUTS or color adapters and start with RAW or uncorrected in any way?

I like to do my own laundry too, and iron my own shirts... 

27" iMac with Quad-Core 3.40 GHz, 16 GB RAM, AMD Radeon 1024 MB, Mac OS X El Capitan v 10.11.6 [view my complete system specs]

il_editore

• Wed, Apr 11 2018 5:21 PM In reply to

• pianoman72
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 9 2006
    • Dallas, TX
    • Posts 515
    • Points 5,920

With your timeline open, go to Clip-->Refresh Sequence--->Remove Color Adapters

(I was wondering this as well - I think for some types of footage Avid adds Adapters by default)

Media Composer 8.3.1, OSX 10.9.5 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller