Latest post Thu, Nov 8 2018 12:06 PM by HansenPansen. 20 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (21 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Aug 7 2018 9:09 PM In reply to

• Jonas
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 12 2018
    • Stockholm
    • Posts 3
    • Points 45

Re: MC|F 2018.4 crashes unless AMPIPluginDSM.avx removed from package

Ah ok that's the problem.

I'll have to wait then..

And maybe uninstall one of the programs meanwhile.

Thanks

Jonas

• Wed, Aug 8 2018 12:26 AM In reply to

• Martin Fox
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Mar 14 2014
    • Sydney Australia
    • Posts 215
    • Points 2,255

I’ve had this problem too. I moved all the plugins out of the AVX2 folder and MC worked. I then put the plugins back one at a time to find the problem ones. They ALL went back without! problem! Though occasionally MC still crashes on start up, but will be successful on second launch.

iMac Retina27 late 2017 4.5Gz i7 40GB AMD 8GB with Sata Raid OS 10.13.4 MC 2018.3 BMD mini monitor with Eizo monitor [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Aug 23 2018 9:06 AM In reply to

Hello Marianna,

same problem here. PT working fine daily and AMPI error while launching MCF.

Thank you for the plugin list, I think I use ALL of them !! Big Smile

I don't intend to use them in MCF, but I don't know how to unable or bypass the plugins check at launch.

Thank you !!

• Thu, Aug 23 2018 2:05 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,896
    • Points 214,175
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Laurent

The only way is to move the plug in folder to the desktop each time you wish to launch MC since all of the offending plug in's are in your system.

Then when done, go back and plop it back in the original location and use PT.

You can also see if any of the "offending plugs" have upgrades from the 3rd parties....

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Fri, Aug 24 2018 7:17 AM In reply to

Same here. Premiere works perfectly. Without any "removing of your plugins folder before launch"

(I'll keep seeing some twitter posts about how great MC is for editing Star Wars and such...)

• Thu, Nov 8 2018 12:06 PM In reply to

I had the same Problem - after update to MC 2018.10 Avid crashed on startup when loading AMPIPluginDSM.avx 

It did'n help to just move the "AVX2 Plugin" folder to the desktop - result was the same - the Solution was that I also had to move the Avid-Audio-Plugins folder (Library/Application Support/Avid/Audio/Plugins) over to the desktop. After a successful start of Media Composer I have moved the plugins back to the old location in small chunks to find the culprit. Eventually I ended up keeping only the plugins I really needed from within Avid - so all NI and other DAW Plugins stayed out of the folder. 

Page 2 of 2 (21 items) < Previous 1 2

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller