Latest post Sun, Apr 29 2018 6:15 PM by VideoVideo. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Apr 29 2018 6:15 PM

• VideoVideo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Apr 29 2018
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Syncing footage with sound and no matching timecodes

Hi all!

I am syncing footage and sound withouh matching timecodes or any clapping boards for this documentary and I am a newbie in Avid.

The names and numbers of the footage and sound are also very different, so I have to find out which sound belongs to which clips. Not easy peasy in a hurry job. But I found a way to figure out which sound belongs to which footage by importing them into PluralEyes that finds the matching audio waveforms. From there I can see "clip nr.2 matches with sound nr.5". Inside Avid I do the autosync with audio waveforms and it kind of works out.

My questions are:

1.Which way is the most efficient way to sync them?

2.which way is the best for the post job when relinking to master clips and sending it off to sound and grading?

3.when autosyncing with audio waveforms, how do I keep camera sound with the new synced clips? (sometimes there`s sound which is not in the separate sound files). I checked a box which seemed to be keeping the cam sound when syncing, but when I opened the new synced clip into the timeline, there was only 2 sound tracks. 

Thank you!

Best, 

VideoVideo

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller