Latest post Fri, May 18 2018 6:33 PM by Vadym. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, May 2 2018 9:02 PM

• Rich Laws
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 17 2012
    • Posts 37
    • Points 355

AMT 2.x - During Edit While Capture, are _OMM_BUNDLE and _EWC_BUNDLE checked in?

Hi,

With one product, I am using AMT (2.x - 2.10 specifically) and CreateAMTInterplayClip to build a new clip and media with a chunk size of 30 frames. 

Another product needs to "wait" for the complete clip and a web services retrieval of attributes, specifically filtered for the _OMM_MOB_COMPLETE attribute, returns nothing until the clip is complete.... and then it returns _OMM_MOB_COMPLETE with a value of 1...  (no attr with value 0 is returned)

I was hoping to determine that the clip in Interplay is a growing EWC clip but it doesn't seem that the _OMM_BUNDLE and _EWC_BUNDLE are checked in until the FINAL check-in by AMT (with chunking active).     The clip is definitely growing (converting an AVC clip to DNxHD) and the clip can be accessed partially and fully in an editor.   

When viewing the properties with Interplay Access on the clip, the _EWC...  and _OMM_MOB_COMPLETE attributes don't show until the clip is complete.  I exported an AAF from Access during and after clip building and the pre-AAF file has an empty OMM_BUNDLE.  I am not sure if this is expected to work or not or if I have a configuration issue with AMT set up.

If indeed this is a known issue, are there any other suggestions to determine if an existing clip asset in Interplay is a complete clip using metadata alone?  (without peeking at the MXF files)

Using Interplay V2017.2 and WEb Services 3.8.1.

Thanks in advance,

Rich Laws

• Fri, May 18 2018 6:33 PM In reply to

• Vadym
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Apr 17 2014
    • Posts 189
    • Points 2,350
    • Avid Developer Moderator
      Avid Employee

Re: AMT 2.x - During Edit While Capture, are _OMM_BUNDLE and _EWC_BUNDLE checked in?

Hi Rich,

What is the AMT configuration in this case? I'd like to see both input and output XML for this case. The _OMM_MOB_COMPLETE should appear as 0 in case of correct AMT configuration for EWC while in progress. There are also _EWC_EXPECTED_DUR and _EWC_KNOWN_MEDIA_DUR to look at.

AMT does not set _OMM_BUNDLE and _EWC_BUNDLE attributes.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller