Latest post Tue, May 15 2018 4:12 PM by Marianna. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, May 9 2018 2:51 PM

• Jojo Likar
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Nov 26 2011
    • Austria
    • Posts 57
    • Points 670

Timeline Clip Note disappears on mutet clips

I'm editing a documentary where for the first time I use the really useful feature to add timeline clip notes. I use it for adding translations from a transcript to interview tracks that are in languages I'm not able to understand. This way I don't always have to check back with the script and don't need do deal with another layer of a subtitle track that I need to keep track of when editing the clips. On a videotrack I have a TC-burn in effect that displays the timeline clip notes. Furthermore I use silent dummy audio clips for temporal OFF text, as it's quicker to edit then subcaps.

However when I have a timeline clip note on an audio track and I mute this clip the clip note dissapears. Understandable that it won't show up through the TC-burn in effect, as the clip is muted, but also the dialog box to edit the note is empty. When I unmute the clip the text is also gone. The same applies to clip note on audio clips when I pull the clip gain fader to -∞ and pull it up again - text is gone.

On video clips it's different, still not visible when the clip is muted, but when unmuted again the text appears again.

That the TC-burn in effect doesn't show timeline clip notes on muted clips is reasonable however I'd like to suggest that it still shows on clips where the clips gain fader is at -∞ and that the text is gone after mute/unmute on audio clips seems like a bug to me.

Can someone else confirm this behaviour? I'm on MC 2018.4 by the way.

Thanks,

Jojo

EDIT:

just found this thread in the feature request forum, connected to information of muted clips not showing in TC windows (and moste likely TC burn in effect as well):

http://community.avid.com/forums/t/184307.aspx

Media Composer 2018.2 | Win 7 64-bit | BMD Decklink Mini Monitor 4K | Intel i7-6800K | X99-EWS | 64 GB RAM | GTX 970 | Artist Control & Transport ... [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under:
  • Fri, May 11 2018 4:43 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,520
    • Points 209,350
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Timeline Clip Note disappears on mutet clips

Hey JoJo

I created a case and have support looking at this.   I also added TrevorA who commented on it first in the feature forum.

You guys will be notified by support of their findings. I added myself to the case as well to keep tads....

Case # 03470017

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Tue, May 15 2018 8:41 AM In reply to

• Jojo Likar
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Nov 26 2011
    • Austria
    • Posts 57
    • Points 670

Thanks Marianna,

already got contacted by support. In the meantime I tried to create a new user profile and that seemed to have solved the issue, as I couldn't replicate the issue when working with the new user profile. But interestingly when I switched back to my old user profile I also couldn't recreate the issue anymore.

Jojo

Media Composer 2018.2 | Win 7 64-bit | BMD Decklink Mini Monitor 4K | Intel i7-6800K | X99-EWS | 64 GB RAM | GTX 970 | Artist Control & Transport ... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, May 15 2018 4:09 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,520
    • Points 209,350
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Jojo

Sounds like that profile is wonky....  I suggest you can it so you dont try and use it in error later on.

hapopy editing

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Tue, May 15 2018 4:12 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,520
    • Points 209,350
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

I also closed the case for you.

:)

Marianna

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller