Latest post Wed, Jun 27 2018 1:19 PM by jakeheat. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jun 26 2018 7:58 PM

• KevODoom
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, May 16 2018
    • Posts 1
    • Points 25

Poor video quality in video exported from MCFirst and uploaded to YouTube

I have a video file that was exported to local drive from MCFirst, and subsequently uploaded to YouTube, but it contains visible artifacts on YouTube that aren't visible in the source material. Any thoughts on what the problem might be?

File in question is here: https://youtu.be/wSK_w_-_F1A

What would you recommend I adjust to correct this?

Thanks!

_Kevin

Filed under: , , ,
  • Wed, Jun 27 2018 8:56 AM In reply to

Re: Poor video quality in video exported from MCFirst and uploaded to YouTube

Got to ask the obvious question first. Do you see the artifacts in the exported file when played off your local drive?

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Wed, Jun 27 2018 1:19 PM In reply to

• jakeheat
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Sep 3 2006
    • London
    • Posts 480
    • Points 5,750

Re: Poor video quality in video exported from MCFirst and uploaded to YouTube

I think your colours are out of gamut. 

Basically their is too much saturation for video to handle. If you have a 'Safe Color' effect available in your effects pallet,put this over your timeline and then re-render out. 

However note that the mp4 codec, can struggle with fast moving bold colours.

good luck

J

Media Composer 8.10.0 New MacPro 6 core - 32 GB RAM old MacPros 3.33Ghz iMacs, Macbook Pros. BM, AJA, Matrox After Effects, etc [view my complete system specs]

@jaketheeditor 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller