Latest post Fri, Jul 13 2018 12:45 PM by camoscato. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jul 11 2018 6:23 PM

• rebmopic
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Jun 9 2012
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 7
    • Points 85

AMA Link to MiniDV QTs?

Upgraded to 2018.5 and all is good...until I tried to AMA link to some older Quicktime files shot on a MiniDV camera that were orginally digitzed via Firewire into FCP6.

I fully believe these files successfully AMA linked in earlier versions of MC but somewhere along the way something has apparently changed.

I searched the AVID codec plug-in/download page but nothing there solved this problem.

What I am doing wrong?

Thank you,

Robert 

Media Composer 2018.5 w/Symphony, MacPro6,1 (Late 2013) OS 10.13.4., 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5, 32GB, Blackmagic Intensity Pro 10.8.4 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jul 11 2018 6:41 PM In reply to

Re: AMA Link to MiniDV QTs?

What happens when you try linking to the QT files? When you look in the source browser, what plugin is being used to link to them?

Media Composer 2018.7 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Wed, Jul 11 2018 10:57 PM In reply to

• rebmopic
    • Not Ranked
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 7
    • Points 85

In the Plug-In column of the Source Browser, it reads, "Can't be Linked."  There is no information available in the other columns other than "Size" and "Creation Date."

The files play fine in the Quicktime Player.  I can also import the files.

Media Composer 2018.5 w/Symphony, MacPro6,1 (Late 2013) OS 10.13.4., 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5, 32GB, Blackmagic Intensity Pro 10.8.4 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jul 12 2018 7:31 PM In reply to

rebmopic:
    In the Plug-In column of the Source Browser, it reads, "Can't be Linked."

If you right-click on "Can't Be Linked" can you change it? Is Quicktime an option?

Media Composer 2018.7 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

• Thu, Jul 12 2018 10:26 PM In reply to

• rebmopic
    • Not Ranked
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 7
    • Points 85

camoscato:

rebmopic:
    In the Plug-In column of the Source Browser, it reads, "Can't be Linked."

If you right-click on "Can't Be Linked" can you change it? Is Quicktime an option?

Yes - when I right click on "Can't Be Linked" I am given Quicktime as an option (along with AVCHD, P2, AVID Generic, Autodetect, WAVEAIFF).

However, when I do select the Quicktime option, I again receive the "Can't Be Linked" error.

(I also went through all possible link options and none worked.)

• Fri, Jul 13 2018 5:51 AM In reply to

Try this:

1. Open the console (Command+6)

2. In the console, type togglehidelinkmenus

3. Press Enter

4. Right-click in a bin and select Link to Media

5. Try to link to one of the problem clips

• Fri, Jul 13 2018 12:45 PM In reply to

Something else to check: Are you in an HD or SD project? If HD, switch to an SD equivalent and see if you can then link to the Quicktimes. (Thanks, Andrew, for the suggestion!)

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller