Latest post Fri, Jul 20 2018 2:27 PM by RalphC. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jul 19 2018 9:14 PM

• Rvbicon
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 19 2018
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

Can't install MC First, Download corrupted

So, I've been pulling the remains of my hair out for hours about this.

I wanted to give Avid MC First a go tonight, so I signed up, recieved my downloading link and downloaded the install package. No problem so far. When I tried to extract the files using WinRAR, half of them were reported as damaged. I didn't think that much of it. The browser I was using was Brave, and Brave sometimes drops downloads. So I downloaded it again using Chrome. Tried to unpack it, same problem. I downloaded it a third time, and tried again. Still full of apparently broken files. I tried unpacking the archives with Windows Explorer. Same problem.

I tried downloading it elsewhere and found an installer on a third party website. Downloaded it via that installer, still didn't install, but at least I got the Application Manager going. So I tried installing it that way. I downloaded it with the Application manager, and it said it couldn't be installed with no further explanation. I tried again, and it still didn't work, this time it was a "Download Error".

So yeah. I really don't know what else I can do at this point. I'm using a Windows PC with Windows 7 Professional, 64 Bit, but since I tried three different downloading methods and I didn't even get to the installation process proper I assume the problem lies elsewhere.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Fri, Jul 20 2018 2:27 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,569
    • Points 17,140
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Can't install MC First, Download corrupted

Hello Rvbicon,

Try downloading from your Avid master account see this FAQ

also check our recommendation if you're experiencing download issue.

Goodluck,

RalphC

This is a test. Media Composer 8.8 w/Symphony option, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller