Latest post Fri, Oct 12 2018 4:36 PM by clarkc2. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Jul 22 2018 4:23 AM

Avid 8 DMG

Hey there, looking to get Avid 8 on my machine for a work project. But 2018 seems to be the only downloadbable version. Can anyone point me in the direction of an Avid 8 DMG file?

• Sun, Jul 22 2018 1:09 PM In reply to

Re: Avid 8 DMG

http://esd.avid.com/ProductInformation.aspx?id=7

Avid Download Center. You may have to log in.

Media Composer 2018.9 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Sun, Jul 22 2018 1:48 PM In reply to

Thanks! I finally found it out after a while of searching last night. It was quite confusing because I had to create a seperate account just to access the download center.

But now I'm running into another issue, I signed up for a monthly subscription to MC, but my sysID and activationID are not working for the latest version of MC 8. Is a MC 2018 license not backwards compatible with Avid 8?  I guess I could run a trial version of Avid 8, but that's just a temporary workaround.

Moving forward, if I'm collaborating with facilities using MC 8, would there be any issues with them opening bins I send over that were created in MC 2018?

• Sun, Jul 22 2018 1:53 PM In reply to

Ughh. Just tried to run a trial and got a "Failed activating trial" error message.

• Sun, Jul 22 2018 2:44 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,896
    • Points 214,175
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Steven

Subscriptions ar not that backwrd comaptible.  what version of MC 8 do you need. I can flip yu a temp license to tied you over if need be.

Mariana

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Sun, Jul 22 2018 3:19 PM In reply to

Thank you! That's very nice of you, but I'm just going to work in MC2018 and hope my collaborators can open my bins! If I run into any issues, I know someone who has an MC8 dongle.

Has anyone created a bin in MC2018 and succeeded in opening said bin within MC8?

• Mon, Jul 23 2018 12:51 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,896
    • Points 214,175
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Steven

Yes that works... with a dongle.  But if stuck, ping me on email and I can assist with a temp license to get you out of a ickle if you get in one.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Fri, Oct 12 2018 4:36 PM In reply to

• clarkc2
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Oct 12 2018
    • Posts 1
    • Points 5

Hello,

I'm working with a company on Avid 8, and I'm sending them a bin from Avid 2018. It crashes their system when they try to open it. 

Did anyone find a way to resolve this?

Thanks

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller