Latest post Mon, Jul 23 2018 5:44 PM by silverchain007. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jul 23 2018 5:06 PM

Uninstalling FIRST and upgrading but want to save projects

Hi -

Bit of a conundrum here. I have a project that I want to keep and return to in Media Composer First, but I need to uninstall it so I can run Media Composer for a work project (they are reimbursing the licensing fee).

How do I ensure that I will be able to safely return to all my hard work without losing it after uninstalling First, then installing and uninstalling Media Composer Ultimate, and back to installing First?

Thank you!

Filed under:
  • Mon, Jul 23 2018 5:35 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,520
    • Points 209,350
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Uninstalling FIRST and upgrading but want to save projects

Silver.....

http://resources.avid.com/SupportFiles/attach/MC_FirstUserGuide.pdf

star at page 44

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Mon, Jul 23 2018 5:42 PM In reply to

Thank you. I have been keeping the project itself and original video files on an external drive, with the exception of music cues. However, I'm overly worrying about all of the avid files that are created within the AVID APPLICATION folder that are linked to this project. This includes all of the video and audio files that are converted. Where do those live? Or will those be regenerated when i reinstall and repopen? Dumb question, but am worried about the challenges that could present at a later date.

• Mon, Jul 23 2018 5:44 PM In reply to

Excuse me -

Meant to write: This includes all of the video and audio files that are converted within First. 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller