Latest post Fri, Nov 30 2018 2:32 PM by Marty. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jul 31 2018 2:59 AM

• JoelGriffen
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Jan 12 2009
    • Los Angeles, CA
    • Posts 53
    • Points 645

Media Composer v2018.7 Live Timeline Request

I am very glad that a lot of folks are happy that the live timeline is now available. I know it's a work in progress but it definetly is clear that a lot of folks are happy that Avid is finally breaking ground on this front.

That being said, I never really wanted it and it's kind of interfearing with my flow of how I am used to working. I know, I know, 'Adapt or Die' right?! Sure, but it would be really nice if there were some options to customize how many "live-timeline" options you want turned ON.  Is this possible to be able to toggle these options in future versions cause right now it's just manditory ALL ON, right? I would take an all or nothing ON/OFF switch but breaking it down to a few different flavors of live would be extra awesome because maybe, just maybe, I see SOME advantages ;) 

Thanks! 

-Joel

Filed under: ,
  • Tue, Jul 31 2018 2:15 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,268
    • Points 218,980
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Media Composer v2018.7 Live Timeline Request

Joel

I sent this along to the designers and I believe one of them will be reaching out to you via email.  Please ping me if you dont get an email in the next day - check spam too - as he really wants to understand your post and see if there are ways to fine tune.

Stand by and thank you for this Joel... we cant make it better if we dont know your thoughts on this.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Tue, Jul 31 2018 2:42 PM In reply to

• JoelGriffen
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Jan 12 2009
    • Los Angeles, CA
    • Posts 53
    • Points 645

Marianna, 

Thank you so much. Yes Randy reached out!  I am in dailies right now so I'm a bit swamped but I will take note of each specific issue and will reply to him by the end of the week. 

I really appreciate your teams dedications to connecting to your users like this. I am very impressed. I'll be in touch with Randy ASAP. Thanks again. 

-Joel

• Tue, Jul 31 2018 7:42 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,268
    • Points 218,980
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Joel

So glad that you connected....  when I see posts like this I know how important it is to get it to the people internally.  Randy is awesome so think about the live timeline and discuss that first, but then feel free to include other nits too.  Make sure you copy me so I can ensure that any other comments made that are not under Randy's domain, get to the right peeps.

Thanks Joel!!!!

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Thu, Nov 29 2018 1:28 PM In reply to

• n3bur
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jun 3 2015
    • Brussels
    • Posts 26
    • Points 315

I'm getting used to the live timeline and like it a lot. My request would be when playing a timeline that the playhead would stay in the same place while zooming in/out. This way you clearly see where you are in your edit. Currently when you zoom in, the playhead suddenly goes to the left, zoom out and it flips to the right of the region. I find this quite disorientating.

• Fri, Nov 30 2018 2:32 PM In reply to

• Marty
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Sat, Dec 3 2005
    • Berlin, Germany
    • Posts 922
    • Points 10,720

I also love the live timeline, listening to different music stems and writing comments in the bin, all without stopping the playback.

But I'm also struggling with zooming in / out. I get the idea why the playhead is at the end when you zooming out and at the beginning when you zoom in. I would prefer to center the playhead when you are zooming in / out like "focus". By the way, "focus" stops the playback, but it's probably coming in the feature.

all different setups in various editing suites. my own: MC 2018.2, OSX 10.12.6, iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017), 4,2 GHz Intel Core i7, 40GB RAM, Radeon... [view my complete system specs]

www.film-editing.de

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller