Latest post Tue, Aug 7 2018 12:41 PM by Michael Freedman. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Aug 3 2018 9:48 AM

Import and Export Markers

Hello everyone,

I am experimenting with exporting markers with comments from my sequences's markers list as a TabD file and then importing the same tabD file back into Avid with the hope of pasting the markers onto another sequence, but I can't seem to get it to work. When I open up a new sequence and go to markers list and then right click to 'import markers' and choose the tabD file at windows level - nothing happens! Does anyone know how to copy markers with comments from one sequence to another? I've tried simply copy and pasting but that also doesn't work. I'm on Avid MC 8.8.1

Thanks!

Michael

• Fri, Aug 3 2018 1:13 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,520
    • Points 209,350
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Import and Export Markers

Michael

TabD?  You can export markers from a sequence or a clip. A text (.txt) or XML (.xml) file is created when you export the marker and a tab-delimited file or XML file displays all the information about the marker. You can then send the .txt or .xml file to those who need to review and give feedback about the sequence or clip. They can place additional comments in the text file or XML file and send it back for you to reimport the marker comments back into your sequence.

You can also import the text file into a spreadsheet program, such as Excel.

Start on page 402....

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Fri, Aug 3 2018 1:53 PM In reply to

Hi Marianna, thanks for your response

Apologies by TabD I meant tab-delimited! Would mind taking me through steps of exporting the marker information into a tab delimited file and then importing it into a fresh sequence? I must be doing something wrong because I have tried doing it and when I go to import the text file back into Avid on a fresh sequence with clips, I go to the markers list and import the text file but nothing happens...

• Fri, Aug 3 2018 2:04 PM In reply to

Unless, can you only re-import the tab delimited file onto the sequence that it was originally exported from?

• Mon, Aug 6 2018 10:49 PM In reply to

• Martin Fox
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Mar 14 2014
    • Sydney Australia
    • Posts 158
    • Points 1,615

I tried exporting from one seq and the importing to a completely different one and was successfully

mc 2018.3

i exported as a txt file

iMac Retina27 late 2017 4.5Gz i7 40GB AMD 8GB with Sata Raid OS 10.13.3 MC 2018.3 BMD mini monitor with Eizo monitor [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Aug 6 2018 10:56 PM In reply to

Hi Martin, thanks for your response - would you mind taking me thorugh your process? I may be missing a step...

• Tue, Aug 7 2018 6:24 AM In reply to

• Martin Fox
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Mar 14 2014
    • Sydney Australia
    • Posts 158
    • Points 1,615

Hi Michael 

I had two markers on V1

In the markers window I used the bottom left menu and selected export > txt

and got the result 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qwa5e9egormvxte/Magic%20Isl%20Cut.txt?dl=0

In a different seq (same project)  I opened the markers window and imported the file whick appeared correctly. 

I cam't imagine you are doing anything different, same project time base??

iMac Retina27 late 2017 4.5Gz i7 40GB AMD 8GB with Sata Raid OS 10.13.3 MC 2018.3 BMD mini monitor with Eizo monitor [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Aug 7 2018 12:41 PM In reply to

Hi Martin thanks for this, it worked! not sure where I was going wrong but it works now. Thanks.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller