Latest post Sat, Aug 18 2018 12:30 PM by usatraveler. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Aug 16 2018 11:51 PM

• h_creation
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Aug 16 2018
    • NJ
    • Posts 6
    • Points 90

Convert .MTS video files for AMA LINKING

Hello my issues is with .MTS files. I’m working from a storage cloud and need to convert these high quality .MTS files into low quality file. With the low quality files I want to ama link, and cut a sequence. Next relink to the original .MTS files, and then transcode!

If I initially ama link to the original .MTS files it plays back choppy and jittery!

Spec: MacBook Pro 2.6ghz 16gb of ram MC 8.01 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Aug 18 2018 9:46 AM In reply to

• RobertBe
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Dec 18 2015
    • Posts 6
    • Points 80

Re: Convert .MTS video files for AMA LINKING

I'm not sure if you can relink the low quality files back to the mts files in media composer. I would suggest a different workaround:

1. Ama link all your mts files

2. in the bin: duplicate the column "name" to "link" (you have to create this Link column first)

3. duplicate the column "start tc" to "auc tc2"

4. put all mts files in a new sequence

5. transcode the sequence to dnxhd36

That is bulletproof for relinking.

Relink:

1. open the bin with the original files and select all

2. relink the sequence, choose: relink to selected files in open bin

,choose "Link"  and Aux tc2"

Robert

• Sat, Aug 18 2018 12:30 PM In reply to

Re: Convert .MTS video files for AMA LINKING

Why not link to the originals, then transcode immediately inside of MC, and edit with the transcodes?  That'll make it easier to relink to the originals at any time.

Another thing to consider - with MTS files, these are often part of a larger folder structure (a AVCHD folder).  Generally better to link to the FOLDER, rather than directly to individual FILES.  That's because AVCHD splits longer clips across multiple files.  If you link to the folder, MC identifies which clips are spanned, then they show up as single clips in your bin, making for easier clip management.

(SYSTEM 1) iMac Late 2012 27" (13,2), Mac OS X 10.12.6, Avid Media Composer 2018.10 w/Symphony, Intel Core i7 3.4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller