Latest post Fri, Aug 24 2018 6:32 PM by dougorama. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Aug 24 2018 6:32 PM

• dougorama
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Aug 24 2018
    • Posts 1
    • Points 5

Import stereo audio and modify tracks

Working on a film project where the rooms are set up as 3.1 audio so the outboard mixer controls where audio goes. It's set up so channels 1-4 go to the center channel speaker. So if I import a stereo audio clip and play it in the source monitor the audio comes out the center channel only and it's overmodulating from folding the tracks down on the outboard mixer. What I want to do is import the audio with the tracks set to 9&10 because those go to the stereo left and right speakers in the room. I've tried importing then modifying the tracks under "modify clip / set tracks" but the clip must be unlinked to do this modification, and once the modification is made it refuses to relnk. It looks like Avid is trying to add this feature - the "options" that come up when you select import then the audio tab has the same options as "set tracks" - I'm able to select tracks 9&10 but upon import they are still 1&2. I imagine there is a way to convert the files before importing but obviously would be great if this was done on import. Our workaround is to cut audio in to a sequence to a stereo track that is mapped to 9&10, but that's just a temporary fix that doesn't help much. I tend to just deal with the center channel and the distortion to find the part of the clip I want and cut it in, but would be much better to figure this out. Much thanks in advance!

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller