Latest post Sat, Sep 22 2018 10:16 AM by Martin Fox. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Sep 21 2018 2:59 PM

• h_creation
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Aug 16 2018
    • NJ
    • Posts 6
    • Points 90

Relink to AMA File(s)... option

Please help, I was able to AMA link about 70 low res video files. After I completed the cut or sequence and before i transcode the timeline, I tried to AMA re-relink the low res files to the high res original file, by going to the footage bin, highlighting the files,  right clicking and selecting the option to “Relink to AMA File(s)...” it’s interesting it only allow me to select ONE file from the folder to relink to the high res footage! MY QUESTION is how come I’m  only able to select ONE file to relink at a time. I want to select multiple file!

Spec: MacBook Pro 2.6ghz 16gb of ram MC 8.01 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Sep 21 2018 10:24 PM In reply to

• Martin Fox
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Mar 14 2014
    • Sydney Australia
    • Posts 220
    • Points 2,330

Re: Relink to AMA File(s)... option

Are you trying to relink to high rez files in the finder or high rez files in an Avid bin?

iMac Retina27 late 2017 4.5Gz i7 40GB AMD 8GB with Sata Raid OS 10.13.4 MC 2018.3 BMD mini monitor with Eizo monitor [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Sep 21 2018 10:37 PM In reply to

• h_creation
    • Not Ranked
    • NJ
    • Posts 6
    • Points 90

Thanks, 

I’m right clicking the files, and selecting the option Relink to ama file(s)... it take me to the finder and I’m only able to select one of the original video files to relink at a time.

• Sat, Sep 22 2018 8:12 AM In reply to

• h_creation
    • Not Ranked
    • NJ
    • Posts 6
    • Points 90

Yes, I’m trying to relink to high Rez file while inside the Avid Bin. 

• Sat, Sep 22 2018 10:16 AM In reply to

• Martin Fox
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Mar 14 2014
    • Sydney Australia
    • Posts 220
    • Points 2,330

Your workflow is unusual in the avid environment, 

usually you link to high rez media and transcode that inside avid to a low rez to edit with, and then relink the edit to the original high rez media. Check out this avid workflow video on YouTube https://youtu.be/PKaK397eVLI

I have used the work flow you are using however, let’s say you have two folders on your hard drive , one high rez, one low rez, ( the low and the high rez files share the same naming convention), when you come to relinking an avid bin to the high rez file, you select all the items in the avid bin , control click (right click on two button mouse), on any file , and select re-link to files from the contextual menu, ( its about half way down the list of menu items and NOT to be confused with RELINK, which is near the top of the contextual menu). 

You should be presented with a file browser window, and notice at the top of the browser window, is the name of the first file the system is looking for. Navigate to the folder of the high rez files, and click on the file that matches the name of the file the system is looking for, select the ok dialogue, and all the avid bin files that reside in this folder will relink.

One more step;

Check that your sequence has updated to these new links.

iMac Retina27 late 2017 4.5Gz i7 40GB AMD 8GB with Sata Raid OS 10.13.4 MC 2018.3 BMD mini monitor with Eizo monitor [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller