Latest post Tue, Oct 16 2018 11:33 PM by Martin Fox. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Oct 14 2018 3:48 AM

Avid MC Timeline to a spreadsheet [Retime/Speed/Motion]

Ive got a request to provide my timeline's data in the form of a spreadsheet or VFX turnover. It needs to include speed, scaling information and transforms if any and even data like speed curves. I know heiro player is able to export this is a nearly oraganized way but was wondering if avid could do this even via the cosole maybe ? 

Was wondering if there was a way for avid to throw out a pdf or a spreedsheet with all this data.

[CLIP NAME] - [SPEED] - [SCALE AND TRANSFORM INFO] - [MOTION CURVE EQUATION]

Getting heiro isnt an option, but it does this really well from an XML [AAF > XML IN Resolve] but i want to find out if there is a way to get this done in avid or with another soultion as buying heiro isnt really an option, due to finances. 

On a side note im looking at cracking open the AAF with OTIO using python but need to get that setup first 

• Tue, Oct 16 2018 5:58 PM In reply to

• jef
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 26 2006
    • Maryland
    • Posts 3,258
    • Points 39,540

Re: Avid MC Timeline to a spreadsheet [Retime/Speed/Motion]

My first attempt on this would be take a linked AAF in Resolve then export an XML from Resolve.  After that, I got nothin.

Jef

Avid DS 11.0.2 R.I.P | MC "Well, it depends ..." | OS 10.11.x - various MacPro Towers - home system MacPro Dual 2.8 8core GTX680 "Harpertown"... [view my complete system specs]

Jef Huey

Senior Editor

Old Stuff  http://vimeo.com/album/3037796

• Tue, Oct 16 2018 11:33 PM In reply to

• Martin Fox
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Mar 14 2014
    • Sydney Australia
    • Posts 215
    • Points 2,235

Re: Avid MC Timeline to a spreadsheet [Retime/Speed/Motion]

Take a look at http://www.hdhead.com/ in the tool section Igor has a few python MC tools

and video tool shed has lots of tools too

iMac Retina27 late 2017 4.5Gz i7 40GB AMD 8GB with Sata Raid OS 10.13.4 MC 2018.3 BMD mini monitor with Eizo monitor [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller