Latest post Wed, Oct 24 2018 12:16 PM by Supermandan1. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Oct 23 2018 10:56 AM

Naughty sound/audio question

Hi,

This is a bit naughty, though I am curious.  If I put copyrighted music on an audio track in MC, and eventually the output file is uploaded to YouTube, then their systems do figure out the infringement of copyright.  Ok.  However, if further audio tracks are created and dialogue, sound FX, etc., are included, is YouTube, etc., still able to discern the infringement?  In short, is the copyrighted music somehow still 'standalone' and traceable, or do the further audio tracks scramble the traceable-ness of it?

Thanks,

DC

Asus N55SF Notebook running Windows 10 Home Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.20GHz Installed memory (RAM): 8.00 GB System type... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Oct 23 2018 4:01 PM In reply to

• Tom Pearson
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 1 2007
    • Los Angeles CA / Minneapolis MN
    • Posts 2,127
    • Points 22,825

Re: Naughty sound/audio question

Short answer is YES they look for the copyrighted wave print and can see it in the mix  but lots of the music is covered under the blanket you tube license 

Mac Pro 3.5 gig 6 core 64 gig ram D700 radons with ssd os drive with a 20 tb raid, Artist Mix and Artist color Artist control [view my complete system specs]

Tom Pearson

Director/Writer Big Picture Films

Sound Designer/Sound Editor Hollywood Sounds

WWLD

• Tue, Oct 23 2018 9:30 PM In reply to

• DStone
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 3,459
    • Points 44,560
    • Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

BTW, this is really not the place to discuss this kind of behavior. If you're using copyright material, it is expected that you follow accepted procedures for using it (paying for licenses and royalties if required, acknowledging original ownership, etc.)

DIY quad core I7-4790K, 16Gb, NVidia GTX 970 4GB, Win 10 Pro, MC(generally the latest or the one just before), MC 7.x [view my complete system specs]

Dave S.

• Wed, Oct 24 2018 12:16 PM In reply to

Hi Dave,

Fair enough, and I wasn't going to do it because somehow you know it's not going to work.  I was more curious as to how proficient copyright detection systems are and how they work?

Thank you,

D.

Asus N55SF Notebook running Windows 10 Home Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.20GHz Installed memory (RAM): 8.00 GB System type... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller