Latest post Thu, Nov 1 2018 8:06 PM by CinéMatica. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Oct 23 2018 5:28 PM

• Ivo
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Oct 21 2005
    • Germany
    • Posts 503
    • Points 6,785

Dynamic Media Folder: error message saying - AVID Editor Services are not running. Please start services form AVID Editor Services Manager

When I click on Dynamic Media Folder I get error message saying - AVID Editor Services are not running.  Please start services form AVID Editor Services Manager but the service is running and I have a green arrow icon on the top bar of my mac?

What I can say is that since upgrading the application manager I can't sign in my account. 

Avid Media Composer 2018.9 MacBook Pro [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Oct 24 2018 12:59 PM In reply to

• CinéMatica
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jun 24 2014
    • Belgium | Europe
    • Posts 75
    • Points 790

Re: Dynamic Media Folder: error message saying - AVID Editor Services are not running. Please start services form AVID Editor Services Manager

Hello Ivo,

Do you also immediately get a yellow triangle in the green Editor Services Button (on the timeline window, next to the audio meters)?

What message do you get in the Console when you generate an error report? Does is say that Avid can't obtain a valid Avid license? Like this: "DMF Service can't obtain a valid Avid license!! com.avid.dmfengine.natives.AvidLicensingImpl:nativeOOPIsValidAvidLicense"

Which version of the DMF Service is installed on your Mac? You can find it here: Applications/Media Composer/DMFService.

Does this green Editor Services Button become grey from time to time?

Greetings,

Ivan

Avid Media Composer 2018.10.0.49715.0 | Avid Symphony Option | Avid ScriptSync 2.0 | Avid PhraseFind 2.0 | Avid Pro Tools 11.3.1.370 | Avid Application... [view my complete system specs]

Yes, I have installed the latest DX driver.

• Fri, Oct 26 2018 6:19 AM In reply to

• Ivo
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Oct 21 2005
    • Germany
    • Posts 503
    • Points 6,785

Re: Dynamic Media Folder: error message saying - AVID Editor Services are not running. Please start services form AVID Editor Services Manager

The green Editor Services Button is green for 10s and then turns grey. 

Console says: Analytics error: Host localhost not found

DMFService is 1.0

p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; }

Avid Media Composer 2018.9 MacBook Pro [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Oct 27 2018 8:56 PM In reply to

• Martin Fox
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Mar 14 2014
    • Sydney Australia
    • Posts 215
    • Points 2,235

I had this problem on a new Mac and it was the connection “local host” that was the culprit.

i did a support call with Apple to fix the problem, I was instructed to type a few commands in the terminal and the “local host” connection was restored and the background service worked. It has since failed again, but this time the local host connection is ok, so a different problem I assume.

iMac Retina27 late 2017 4.5Gz i7 40GB AMD 8GB with Sata Raid OS 10.13.4 MC 2018.3 BMD mini monitor with Eizo monitor [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Nov 1 2018 8:06 PM In reply to

• CinéMatica
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jun 24 2014
    • Belgium | Europe
    • Posts 75
    • Points 790

I also had a sort of problem like this, but with other error messages on my Mac Pro 4.1 (early 2009). The Dynamic Media Folders didn't work at all with 2018.9. Immediately after the start of Media Composer I got an error message in the console that the DMF Service wasn’t running. Restarting didn’t help. The Green DMF button greyed out from time to time.

After a lot of back and forth e-mailing, and two remote sessions with Avid Video Support, everything looked solved at first glance. But the day after the second remote session, with a re-instalment of Media Composer by Avid support, it didn’t work again. Because I didn’t had time at that moment to open the case again, I just installed the new version from October when it came out. With the instalment of version 2018.10 I didn’t notice any failures anymore. It works right now.

Avid support told me that the version of the DMF Service had to be the same as the Media Composer version. When I reported this DMF error there was a different version (2018.2 if I remember right) installed. After a clean install of the whole system it keeps installing version 1.0 from the DMF Service. Even now when the DMF are working in 2018.10, version 1.0 is installed. All very confusing!

Avid Media Composer 2018.10.0.49715.0 | Avid Symphony Option | Avid ScriptSync 2.0 | Avid PhraseFind 2.0 | Avid Pro Tools 11.3.1.370 | Avid Application... [view my complete system specs]

Yes, I have installed the latest DX driver.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller