Latest post Mon, Nov 5 2018 4:09 PM by Roland W. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Nov 4 2018 2:14 PM

• Roland W
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 19 2015
    • Posts 11
    • Points 125

GH5 10bit footage import

There seems still the issue with 4k 10bit files from GH5. When I import, I get black video. I tried a workaround, first Link the files and after that transcode to DNxHR - works fine. But the files are huge and on larger projects I work with lower resolution first and batchimport the final sequence. But when I do so I have to specify the file location for each file manually and after that I get also black video files. Any ideas when the GH5 files will be supported and if there is a workaround for batchimport?

Filed under: , , ,
  • Sun, Nov 4 2018 3:28 PM In reply to

Re: GH5 10bit footage import

What flavour of DNxHR did you transcode to? There are 4 and the datarate goes up for each one.

DNxHR retains the source pixel resolution which is great for pan and zoom but less great for small files.

If your project is an HD project (and not 4K or UHD) you have the option to transcode to DNx (liek DNx36) which is smaller or use the Avid Proixy workflow.

I wouldn't use import and then Batch import. Thats a legacy workflow. AMA link. Transcode and then re-link and transcode to finishing qwulaity for online.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Mon, Nov 5 2018 4:09 PM In reply to

• Roland W
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 19 2015
    • Posts 11
    • Points 125

Re: GH5 10bit footage import

For final output I need DNxHR HQX as it's 10bit. Files are huge, so working with proxies first. Ama Link, transcode, relink and transcode again works fine. THANKS!!!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller