Latest post Wed, Nov 7 2018 11:16 PM by phanke. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Nov 7 2018 11:16 PM

• phanke
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 7 2018
    • Posts 1
    • Points 5

Export XDcam50Mbits color level errors

Hi everyone, 

I'm having touble regarding color levels after exporting my timeline to a XDcam device.

Export settings are XDcam 50 Mbits, 24 Bit. Project format is 1080i/50, 1920x1080 and YCbCr 709. 

On my timeline, I use the Safe Color Limiter on the most upper video track. SCL-Settings are:

- 422 Safe is checked

- Composite/Luma Levels: Composite L is set to -33 IRE and Composite H to 133 IRE.

- Luma L is set to 0.0 IRE and Luma H to 100.0 IRE

- RGB Levels are set to 16 (8bit; RGB Gamut L) and 235 (8bit; RGB Gamut H)

Checking color levels on waveform monitor based on what is on my timeline, everything looks fine. Levels are broadcast safe. So I'm starting my export to the XDcam device (50MBitS), video monitor is on the most upper video track..

Export finishes and while checking the file via AMA Link, now the video levels seem to be illegal, the video signal (both Luma and RGB) is slightely out of legal range but not as much, as if I didn't use the SafeColorLimiter at all. So in some way, while exporting (or mixdowning) my timeline, the SafeColorLimiter is working, but not as much as it should be. Waveform error logging shows errors like "Luma Under" , "Luma Over", "Blue Over" etc....

But strange thing is, that on my timeline everything looks fine - before exporting/mixdowning. Footage is transcoded to DNxHD120 (1080i or 1080p).

Does anybody experienced something like this as well?

Thanks for your answers!

Kind regards, 

Pia

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller