Latest post Thu, Nov 15 2018 5:14 PM by camoscato. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Nov 14 2018 10:18 AM

• Pete Johnson
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 14 2018
    • City & Islington College
    • Posts 4
    • Points 60

Copy & paste multiple video keyframes

Hi people, sorry if this has an obvious solution but I've looked all over and I'm struggling to find it. I'm animating a graghic of a heart, to make it beat, and a single cycle consists of 4 scaling keyframes. I can cut and paste one key at a time, using CMD C/V, but the obvious trick would be to copy all four, move to the next cycle frame and past them there. I can't work out how to copy and paste ALL 4 frames. CMD C/V doesn't work in this case. Any ideas about how to approach this?

Mac Sierra 10.12.4, 3.1 Intel i7, 8GB 1600 MHJz DDR3 GeForce 650m 512 MB Media Composer Ultimate Trial [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Nov 14 2018 5:19 PM In reply to

Re: Copy & paste multiple video keyframes

SHIFT+click multiple keyframes, then CMD+c and CMD+v is what I'd try.

Media Composer 2018.11 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Wed, Nov 14 2018 5:36 PM In reply to

• Pete Johnson
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 4
    • Points 60

Thanks Camoscato but that's the first thing I tried. I've started a new project from scratch, imported a single text character set up a simple 3 key cycle, selected all 3 keys, hit CMD+C, moved the timeline a few frames along and hit CMD+V and...

nothing.

Mac Sierra 10.12.4, 3.1 Intel i7, 8GB 1600 MHJz DDR3 GeForce 650m 512 MB Media Composer Ultimate Trial [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Nov 14 2018 9:32 PM In reply to

Are you trying to copy & paste keyframes under the record (right) monitor in effects mode? If so, what if you open the advanced keyframe graph in the effects editor and try copy/pasting there?

Media Composer 2018.11 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

• Thu, Nov 15 2018 9:03 AM In reply to

• Pete Johnson
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 4
    • Points 60

Yep, that's it. Thanks for your help! I knew it must be in there somewhere.

• Thu, Nov 15 2018 5:14 PM In reply to

You're welcome, Pete!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller