Latest post Thu, Dec 13 2018 12:00 AM by anonemouse. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Dec 12 2018 6:50 AM

• anonemouse
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Dec 12 2018
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Media Composer 8.9.4 on Mojave? Problems?

Hey guys, I've got one of these new Mac Mini's pre loaded with Mojave and apparnetly incapable of rolling backwards.

I'm just wondering if anyone has had any experience running Media Composer 8.9.4 on Mojave, any issues that I should be aware of? So far basic testing is proving relatively smooth.

I'm also going to need to be connecting in to an old Nexis Pro system that is running a relatively new 2018.(?) software version if this will make any difference?

Thanks

-AM

• Wed, Dec 12 2018 1:55 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,018
    • Points 215,715
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Media Composer 8.9.4 on Mojave? Problems?

Hey there...

Unfortunately MC 8.9.4 was never qualified on Mojave.  Only 2018.10 and 2018.11 where approved...

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Wed, Dec 12 2018 2:07 PM In reply to

• Pixel Monkey
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Everywhere. Just like Avid ;)
    • Posts 1,231
    • Points 15,520
    • Moderator: Broadcast Newsroom
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Agreed. 

NOTE: That being said, it's of course possible to install and run MC on unqualified systems. If you're solely looking for a heads-up on what might be a list of issues you'll face, know that the "handshake" between MC and the OS is where you'll find them. Meaning whenever MC is reaching outside of itself to interact with the OS.

Such as:
    - AMA linking and AMA playback performance
    - Background Services (rendering, transcoding)
    - Drivers that handshake with external I/O boxes
    - Pan & Zoom (running the Avid code that handles Photoshop files)

...and dozens more... I don't have time to list them all.

Also note: Make absolutely sure that you start fresh on user settings and site settings. An settings that reach outside of the app and handshake with unqualified OS elements might corrupt those settings.

ACA Leader__Avid Pro Vid Moderator__Specs? Many. All qualified. But I still do stupid things. :) [view my complete system specs]

Editors are superheroes, cutting life together in a world that cuts itself apart.

Chris Bove' (Pixel Monkey)

Twitter: Follow @heybove

Blog for Craft Editors

WWLD

• Thu, Dec 13 2018 12:00 AM In reply to

• anonemouse
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Dec 12 2018
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Thanks Pixel Monkey, that is extremely helpful and an excellent starting point to be aware of. I'll test specifically the OS side of MC interactions. I understand I shouldn't be running the older software with Mojave but unfortuantely there's no choice in this situation as it stands.

Thanks

-AM

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller