Latest post Thu, Dec 13 2018 2:24 PM by Robert Ferguson. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Dec 13 2018 8:50 AM

Share/stream mc output to remote producer

hi collective mind! I’m looking for advice on setting up for live remote viewing of my edit - in an ideal world I’d be able to have a conversation over the top too.

Ideally I’d just screen share my Mac desktop  but Macs don’t share desktop audio so I’m looking for an alternative. I have two Macs, one with a blackmagic mini monitor and the other with an intensity 4K.  So I’m wondering whether to run MC on the machine with the mini monitor and feed its hdmi output to the Mac with the intensity, then use FaceTime on that with the input set to the intensity. Would that work?

Obviously I’d prefer a more elegant solution. I thought about an Elgato game capture but that appears to run only in 30 or 60 fps and in the uk I’m running 25fps.

Any other suggestions are welcome! I miss the feature FCP7 had to stream through iChat...

thanks

• Thu, Dec 13 2018 2:24 PM In reply to

Re: Share/stream mc output to remote producer

I've used the Black Magic Web Presenter. No need for the optional faceplate. About $500.

We make Skype calls. Can use Facetime as well.

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/blackmagicwebpresenter

Robert

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller