Latest post Fri, Jan 4 2019 8:12 AM by butterfly. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Dec 31 2018 11:57 AM

• butterfly
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Hungary
    • Posts 221
    • Points 3,155

Saving Project

I try to find my way through the basics of MCF. I just did a small project that I want to save in a way that I can find and open it easily on a later moment.

I have understood that you cannot save a project in AMC. So, I have made a BackUp Folder to where I Save Bin Copy As the bins with linked clips and sequence. I suppose these are safe in this way.

Should I do anything else to save the whole project?

Media Composer First software only, Windows 10 Home, P5Q Mbo, 16 Gb RAM, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 3.70GHz, nVidia Geforce 200 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Dec 31 2018 9:00 PM In reply to

• Leo Baker
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 5 2011
    • London
    • Posts 316
    • Points 3,895

Re: Saving Project

Hello,

Not really used Media Composer First, I think they store an online version of the project file. But you can check your hard drive to see if you have a folder created in 'Avid Projects' with the name 'project name' this is what stores the project and your bins. You would bqckup the entire project file in Avid Prjects, where you can store a safe backup. See if that works?

Kind regards,

Leo

Avid Media Composer 2018.12 Pro Tools 12.7 OSX Sierra 10.12.6 Computer: HP Z800 DUAL QUAD XEON X5667 3.07GHZ 96GB 2TB Caldigit HDONE Media 1TB SSD Graphics... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jan 2 2019 1:44 PM In reply to

• butterfly
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Hungary
    • Posts 221
    • Points 3,155

Hi Leo,

Thanks for your reply. 

I found 2 folders. Avid Projects and MC First Avid Projects. Both are empty.

I have saved all bins with clips and sequence. In MCF there is no such thing as Saving Project. So, I hope that saving bins will do, but fear that that is not enough. I could use some more assistance.

Rob

Media Composer First software only, Windows 10 Home, P5Q Mbo, 16 Gb RAM, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 3.70GHz, nVidia Geforce 200 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jan 4 2019 8:12 AM In reply to

• butterfly
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Hungary
    • Posts 221
    • Points 3,155

I am really trying to find my way through all accessible tutorials on internet, but for MCF I do not find a clear way to save my project in a way that makes me trust that I can open it later with all asociated media. For MC there are good youtube video's but for MCF there aren't. When I go to the Attic, I can't see any recent files of my current project, as an example. Please assist.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller