Latest post Wed, Jun 21 2006 3:45 PM by sep. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jun 21 2006 2:31 PM

xp display settings for mca

i seem to recall that when mca first came out, it was recommended that the xp display/appearance be set to "classic windows", and not the more colorful xp appearance. i think it had to do with streamlining the system as much as possible. is this still the case?
    also, our mca's, every now and then, boot up with the xp appearance, even though they are all set to the "classic appearance". i know it might be a windows thing. just curious if anyone else has experienced this.
  • Wed, Jun 21 2006 2:50 PM In reply to

Re: xp display settings for mca

Yes, that is still true.  Using both, I have seen faster performance and system response time in the classic mode.  I guess it uses less RAM resource.
    Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Wed, Jun 21 2006 2:57 PM In reply to

ceicilbee4:
    also, our mca's, every now and then, boot up with the xp appearance, even though they are all set to the "classic appearance". i know it might be a windows thing. just curious if anyone else has experienced this.

we have 5 xw8000's that are fine, but our xw8200 sometimes boots up with the xp appearance, very annoying. I don't know why.  but I hate having to reset it every morning.
    Follow me at www.twitter.com/redarrowryan Avid 1- z400 6-Core, with Nitris DX Symphony 6.0.3 Win 7 64 Bit [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jun 21 2006 3:45 PM In reply to

• sep
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • France
    • Posts 5,593
    • Points 62,620

I experienced this with AXP ! never with MCA !
    Adrenaline MCA 2.8 XW8400 3Gb RAM DNxcel Board, 760 Gb striped SCSI media storage, 1.2 TB 4 X striped SAS 15 000rpm storage.----MC Soft 2.8 + Mojo HP XW8000... [view my complete system specs]

sep

"out of difficulty comes performance"

Web site : www.audiacom.com

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller