Latest post Wed, Jun 21 2006 8:24 PM by Bob. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jun 21 2006 7:40 PM

• Bob
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Albuquerque, NM USA
    • Posts 40
    • Points 420

Webcast on Version 2.5

Great webcast, loved the info on Version 2.5 software released to buyers today.

BUT

1.) Why require a salesmans notebook full of information to

get through registration when we already have a AVID.com ID & Password? 

Those of us who are long time AVID customers shouldn't feel like we're unknown prospects.

They already have all the info on the Reg form. I should be able to simply log in and view.

2.) Why would AVID release the NEWEST! GREATEST! COOLEST! to the public,

and make the customers who got them where they are wait 8 days for a download version.

1.) AVID Xpress DV HP Xw8200 xenon single 3 ghz proc. 1.5 GB Ram more than 250gbHD CD DVD burner 2.) AVID Adrenaline HD Hp xw8200 Dual 2.6 ghz... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jun 21 2006 8:10 PM In reply to

• Butcher
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Apr 17 2006
    • Jacksonville, FL
    • Posts 1,442
    • Points 18,630

Re: Webcast on Version 2.5

I couldn't get the webcast to play.  Sat there for about an hour and a half, clicking this, trying that, logging out, logging back in.  My system passed the test, but it wouldn't play.  Dang...does anyone know when it'll be streamed online to watch?  Anything new and exciting with MC 2.5 to report?

Mike.

• Wed, Jun 21 2006 8:17 PM In reply to

"1.) Why require a salesmans notebook full of information to

get through registration when we already have a AVID.com ID & Password?"

Dont know what your problem was I just entered an email address and was straight in. 
    Nice presentation though I felt it was far more sales oriented than informative this time
  • Wed, Jun 21 2006 8:24 PM In reply to

• Bob
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Albuquerque, NM USA
    • Posts 40
    • Points 420

I tried to use my email address and it replied that I was not registered. I then was sent to the form, which required providing information AVID already has on me. Perhaps it was a onetime glitch, but it was a nonsensical irritant.

I enjoyed the webcast and the info.

1.) AVID Xpress DV HP Xw8200 xenon single 3 ghz proc. 1.5 GB Ram more than 250gbHD CD DVD burner 2.) AVID Adrenaline HD Hp xw8200 Dual 2.6 ghz... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller