Latest post Tue, Jan 8 2019 1:33 PM by camoscato. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jan 7 2019 5:38 PM

• butterfly
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Hungary
    • Posts 221
    • Points 3,155

bin corrupted?

MCF crashed. Had to exit with Task Manager. On opening MCF, one bin did not appear. It contains the last work. In the Attic I find 3 versions of that bin. I can't open any of them. I tried it with File/Open Bin, but nothing happens when I select one of the three bins. Are they corrupted? Should I accept this loss?

Media Composer First software only, Windows 10 Home, P5Q Mbo, 16 Gb RAM, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 3.70GHz, nVidia Geforce 200 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Jan 7 2019 6:18 PM In reply to

Re: bin corrupted?

butterfly:
    I tried it with File/Open Bin, but nothing happens when I select one of the three bins.

Just to make sure, here's the procedure for restoring a bin from the attic.

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/troubleshooting/en239965

Is that what you did that didn't work?

Media Composer 2018.12.2 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Tue, Jan 8 2019 8:09 AM In reply to

• butterfly
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Hungary
    • Posts 221
    • Points 3,155

Ok, thanks. I followed the instructions and it seems to work. But the bins open in the left top corner of MCF, in a way that I cannot move them or delete them. They are stuck in the corner and have no closing or minimizing buttons, so not a line with name and those buttons. Could I do something to change this?

Media Composer First software only, Windows 10 Home, P5Q Mbo, 16 Gb RAM, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 3.70GHz, nVidia Geforce 200 [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jan 8 2019 8:53 AM In reply to

butterfly:

Ok, thanks. I followed the instructions and it seems to work. But the bins open in the left top corner of MCF, in a way that I cannot move them or delete them. They are stuck in the corner and have no closing or minimizing buttons, so not a line with name and those buttons. Could I do something to change this?

See if any of the suggestions in this thread help:

https://community.avid.com/forums/p/115041/665002.aspx

Media Composer 2018.12.2 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

• Tue, Jan 8 2019 10:15 AM In reply to

• butterfly
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Hungary
    • Posts 221
    • Points 3,155

Yes, I could do it with Windows/Center Current

Many thanks

• Tue, Jan 8 2019 1:33 PM In reply to

butterfly:

Yes, I could do it with Windows/Center Current

Many thanks

You're welcome!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller