Latest post Sat, Jul 1 2006 3:51 PM by sep. 69 replies.
Page 2 of 5 (70 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jun 26 2006 8:25 PM In reply to

• berga
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Stockholm, Sweden, Europe
    • Posts 1,658
    • Points 19,845

Re: Important questions about MC Software

EditGuy18:

Another question. . .

Does the MC-Adrenaline upgrade include/or is it also the MC Software version?  For example, when I download the Adrenaline upgrade would I be able to load that software on another computer or a laptop and plug-in the dongle if I wanted to work away from the office?

Technical You can do it. Avid show that in their European Road Show there they unpluged Adrenaline an continueing editing.

Dongle vise and licence vise I have no idea.

HP xw4600, 3.2Mhz, 4Gb RAM, Mojo. 500GB SATA Bootdrive, 3x500GB internal raid-0 for video, Windows 7 Pro Swedish, MC7 with Symphony option, Blackmagic... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Jun 26 2006 8:26 PM In reply to

• sep
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • France
    • Posts 5,593
    • Points 62,620

EditGuy18:

Another question. . .

Does the MC-Adrenaline upgrade include/or is it also the MC Software version?  For example, when I download the Adrenaline upgrade would I be able to load that software on another computer or a laptop and plug-in the dongle if I wanted to work away from the office?

It seems, the answer should be :  YES

Adrenaline MCA 2.8 XW8400 3Gb RAM DNxcel Board, 760 Gb striped SCSI media storage, 1.2 TB 4 X striped SAS 15 000rpm storage.----MC Soft 2.8 + Mojo HP XW8000... [view my complete system specs]

sep

"out of difficulty comes performance"

Web site : www.audiacom.com

• Mon, Jun 26 2006 8:47 PM In reply to

• NICKB
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Posts 1,182
    • Points 16,295

If i had MC software could i rent / borrow just the Adrenaline HD box for digitising / playout ?
  • Mon, Jun 26 2006 9:12 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,380
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

All 3 of you are correct. In order to get an Adrenaline, you just plu in the DNA.
    Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

In agreement, Unity. In Disagreement, Discussion. In all things, Charity.

• Mon, Jun 26 2006 9:22 PM In reply to

• NICKB
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Posts 1,182
    • Points 16,295

Cool, so there realy is no catch to all this !

Ok next question regards Avid fx software in MC on the MAC
    my understanding is that is PC only now and in the future so am i right in thinking i need Boris RED for Avid and that will work just like Avid fx inside the application is that the way to go ?
  • Mon, Jun 26 2006 9:35 PM In reply to

• sep
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • France
    • Posts 5,593
    • Points 62,620

Avid FX IS Boris RED3GL
    Adrenaline MCA 2.8 XW8400 3Gb RAM DNxcel Board, 760 Gb striped SCSI media storage, 1.2 TB 4 X striped SAS 15 000rpm storage.----MC Soft 2.8 + Mojo HP XW8000... [view my complete system specs]

sep

"out of difficulty comes performance"

Web site : www.audiacom.com

• Mon, Jun 26 2006 9:37 PM In reply to

NICKB:
    If i had MC software could i rent / borrow just the Adrenaline HD box for digitising / playout ?

Interesting idea. Contact a local rental house and see if they'd do that.

:: Work - Symphony Nitris DX 3.5.1, HP xw8600 :: Home - Intel 3.0Ghz Quad CPU 8GB G.Skill DDR3 7-7-7 1600 Ram Asus P5E3 Pro NVidia Quadro FX... [view my complete system specs]

"Don't go by my script, they're always wrong." - producer to me while editing

• Mon, Jun 26 2006 9:38 PM In reply to

Marianna:
    If you opt to not go with support (and a one year software update contract is $995 US MSRP – Europe needs to check with your Avid office) then you can buy the updates individually through the year just like MCA and NC product users do today.  This has not changed.

Since when Marianna?
    For more than 10 years of asking to be able to buy upgrades only I have been told the only way is to buy Assurance. Have I been lied to all these years? ($20K plus paid for assurance on this basis)
    Also from my experience if I decide to say no for assurance for a year (my local cost annually is $2.5K US not $995 incidently) then 9 months into the year I decide I need to upgrade. Now I have to pay for a year's assurance. Guess what?  3 months later it is time for my renewal. After all assurance has to be continuous doesnt it? Or is this a lie too?

Marianna:
    Yes... MC 2.5 is dongle protected so you need a dongle update. If you have support and enter the avid.com download site and have a valid contract, you will be able to download v2.5 when it is available later this week and also receive your dongle update.  This has not changed either from processes of the past.
      Precisely. You can only get on the download site with Avid assurance and this has not changed. ("If you have support and enter the avid.com download site and have a valid contract")

I am not trying to shoot the messenger Marianna just after the facts.
  • Mon, Jun 26 2006 9:53 PM In reply to

BLKDOG:
    All 3 of you are correct. In order to get an Adrenaline, you just plu in the DNA.

I believe the question was can current MCA  owners, with the 2.5 upgrade, now unplug the Adrenaline and operate as MC software only? An ability that has not been available in any version to date.
  • Mon, Jun 26 2006 10:24 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,277
    • Points 219,035
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Hi again...

Cattledog........ there is not an upgrade available to go from Mojo to Mojo SDI. I know it has been discussed and the feedback has been there but no decidions have been made on that.

Alex....

I am not sure who you aspoke with on that but for the past 2 years when I have written the eblasts to the field, I have always had content on a purchase upgrade. If you have MCA 1.3 and we came out with 1.5 and you did not have assurance, you could buy the upgrade for $995 US MSRP.  I do know with some of the older system, there are some stipulations on assurance ut your sales rep. or Avid contact in sales could help mroe on that.

YOu can get the software as a standalone upgrade and with it you get the dongle updater to address the dongle.  Bottom line Alex....  you can buy assurance and get the updatesfor the year you have it or buy them indivudually.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Mon, Jun 26 2006 10:41 PM In reply to

Marianna:

and you did not have assurance, you could buy the upgrade for $995 US MSRP. 

Thanks for the clarification ...so the cost of each upgrade is $995US  Assurance costs more. And I have not been told the truth on needing assurance, wonderfull.
  • Mon, Jun 26 2006 10:44 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,380
    • Avid Employee

AndrewAction:
    BLKDOG:

I believe the question was can current MCA  owners, with the 2.5 upgrade, now unplug the Adrenaline and operate as MC software only? An ability that has not been available in any version to date.

And yet it is now, Andrew...is that your point?
    Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

• Tue, Jun 27 2006 12:01 AM In reply to

"And yet it is now, Andrew...is that your point?" No
    Are you telling me in 2.5 for existing MCA updates we will get the ability to run with Adrenaline disconnected. my reading of your post was that to get Adrenaline (Implying for software only to me) just plug it in.
  • Tue, Jun 27 2006 1:58 AM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,380
    • Avid Employee

That's what I'm telling you Andrew. I spoke with the Avid team yesterday and they verified exactly that. They even said that it was possible to put the DNA in a Machine room and patch each room into it as you needed it (that gets into FW hubs and a bunch of stuff that hasn't been tested but it is possible, theoretically).

Cool, huh?

• Tue, Jun 27 2006 9:52 AM In reply to

• oedipus
    • Not Ranked
    • UK
    • Posts 61
    • Points 735

Marianna, thanks for the info. The issue I'd like clarification on is whether Avid will be releasing the 720p/50 capability as a fix or an upgrade ie free or paid for. It will not have escaped your notice that there are a few of us who really would like Avid to have this functionality asap and, at least from my perspective, upgrade decisions will be based on what solution offers 720p/50 when and at what price.
    Tyan Thunder i7505 2x2.8 xeon Nvidia FX5700 2gb Ram 160GB system drive 2x250GB RAID ===== MacPro 2x2.8 Quad Core 2GB Ram 1x250GB 1x320GB [view my complete system specs]
Page 2 of 5 (70 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller