Latest post Thu, Feb 28 2019 4:00 PM by Philo Calhoun. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jan 24 2019 6:22 PM

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,159
    • Points 217,400
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Idea [I] Avid Link - Launched today at NAMM 2019

Avid Link - Launched today at NAMM 2019

Avid Link is a new free application for anyone looking to find, connect, and collaborate with other artists, producers, mixers, composers, editors, videographers, moviemakers, and graphic designers to expand your creative opportunities.  Avid Link launched today,  Thursday, January 24, 2019 @ 12:00 pm ET | 9:00 am PT to coincide with NAMM 2019.

Avid Link is available for Mac, Windows, iOS, and Android—and accessible from within Avid Pro Tools, Avid Media Composer, and Avid Sibelius.   Avid Link makes it easy to promote yourself and your work to a vast community of media professionals. Find and keep in touch with collaborators, manage and update your software and shop the Avid Marketplace to get the tools you need to take your skills further.

All in one interface.

Features:

-  Tell your story & show off your creative side

-  Connect with and find other artists and professionals

-  Manage your Pro Tools project collaborations

-  Shop for inspirational tools

-  Manage all of your products with eas

Location at Launch:  Out of the gate, Avid Link will be available on the Avid Link Product page on avid.com and any 2019.x Creative Tools product such as the first - Sibelius 2019.1.  In the future, updates to Avid Link will be available thru MyAvid and Avid Link itself.

User Guide: Attached is the User Guide for Avid Link and the Knowledge Base URL Avid Link FAQ

Enjoy and see you all in the Lounges...

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Thu, Jan 31 2019 12:03 AM In reply to

Re: Avid Link - Launched today at NAMM 2019

It seems as buggy as the old application manager. I haven't been able to sign in over the past 24 hours despite multiple attempts. It freezes on "getting subscription data".

Avid Media Composer 2018.12.2, OSX 10.14.3 iMac 2017 Pro 1000 GB SSI drive with 8 TB Thunderbolt Raid drive, 16 GB memory. [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jan 31 2019 3:05 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,814
    • Points 20,015
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Hello Philo,

I created a case so we can get this investigated 03643193. IT is looking into your account now.

Thanks,

RalphC

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jan 31 2019 4:42 PM In reply to

Thank you for the support. It looks like a similar issue to what I had with Application manager: corrupted cache. In Application manager, deleting the cache was a two click process. In Avid link, there is a bit of hunting around through various directories. All is fixed now.

If anyone else has this issue, here are the steps (in OSX) to fix it:

Stop in Activity Monitor:
    AvidlinkManager
    AvidAppManHelper

Delete folders:
    HD/Library/Caches/Avid/Avidlink/Cache
    HD/Library/Caches/Avid/Avidlink/Db
    HD/Library/Application Support/Avid/Licenses
    HD/Library/Application Support/Avid/SWL
    HD/Library/Application Support/Avid/Common

Launch (in this order)
    Applications/Avid/Application Manager/AvidAppManHelper
    Applications/Avid/Application Manager/AvidlinkManager
    Avid Media Composer 2018.12.2, OSX 10.14.3 iMac 2017 Pro 1000 GB SSI drive with 8 TB Thunderbolt Raid drive, 16 GB memory. [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jan 31 2019 10:53 PM In reply to

I closed the case too soon. Avid link now works but Media Composer will not open and is stuck in electronic activation.

Edit: electronic activation does not work, but putting back in my serial number and activation ID seems to have worked.

• Thu, Feb 28 2019 4:00 PM In reply to

Maybe this should be made a sticky, as I got locked out again today and had to go through the steps outlined in the 1/31/2019 post.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller